V5.1 saving problems

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

V5.1 saving problems

Post by Torakikiii »

I keep getting saving problems :(

The app says that the document can't be saved after a while I'm working on it.
It could either be a problem with the autosaving (then it popups a message in the title bar) or when I decide to save the document.
Then whatever thing I choose it doesn't matter. Saving as doesn't work. Save and chose revert fails, duplicate fails. I can only close the file after duplicate fails or kill the app.

Bummer!!!
For the records I'm using the latest Mavericks and the freshly installed iCompta V5.1, and the file is located on a folder on my desktop.

Not happy anymore :shock: ;)
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: V5.1 saving problems

Post by Angeman »

Can you open /Applications/Utilitaires/Console.app, look in "All messages" and copy/paste lines starting with iCompta ?
What were the actions you were doing before the autosave problem happened ?
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Angeman wrote:Can you open /Applications/Utilitaires/Console.app, look in "All messages" and copy/paste lines starting with iCompta ?
What were the actions you were doing before the autosave problem happened ?
Nothing special, editing budgets looking around. Really nothing special. It happened not only with the autosave but also when I was just doing a command-S to save the file.

The console has plenty to offer :) here is the dump of today, since I bought it this morning.

Uhmm too long for the forum, try with this pastebin link http://pastebin.com/srRvxJq7
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok so the log is showing the saving problem is related to budgets. Have you undone things (command-Z) ?
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Angeman wrote:Ok so the log is showing the saving problem is related to budgets. Have you undone things (command-Z) ?
uhmm no and I've done other things after that. And close and reopened the app so no undo left!
Keep in mind that I now have only one budget covering the whole 2014 year, nothing else.

I'm now doing a small change (in this case edit the budget and change the name) and leave the app alone for a while, to see if the autosave or save problem trigger.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Torakikiii wrote: I'm now doing a small change (in this case edit the budget and change the name) and leave the app alone for a while, to see if the autosave or save problem trigger.
nothing much... it just saved the document (I left it here for more than 30 mins). Maybe this could be a hint. I see no icompta documents on icloud. Is that normal? I read somewhere that the app save it to icloud in background, isn't it?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

So when you say you have edited your budget, have you added or removed categories, changed the amount or the date, etc ? I'm trying to find exactly what caused the issue so that it will be easier to fix.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Angeman wrote:So when you say you have edited your budget, have you added or removed categories, changed the amount or the date, etc ? I'm trying to find exactly what caused the issue so that it will be easier to fix.
no, I just edited the name of the budget. Just doing that the title was showing "edited" and so I thought it was enough. I'm going to work now for a little bit on the app, let's see if the problem arises again
AlecFasani

Post by AlecFasani »

Torakikiii wrote:
Angeman wrote:So when you say you have edited your budget, have you added or removed categories, changed the amount or the date, etc ? I'm trying to find exactly what caused the issue so that it will be easier to fix.
Hi Angeman,
Sorry to invade this topic but I'm having the same problem.
Icompta 5.1 is not saving and not duplicating the document as well.
When I try to duplicate I got the "Cocoa error 19".
And, yes, I have deleted a couple of categories which I'm not using anymore.

Also have set Split Category to "NONE" for all Transfers between accounts.
Could that be an issue??

Here is my console message:

01/10/2014 22:56:41.324 iCompta[784]: Core Data: error: -executeRequest: encountered exception = error during SQL execution : PRIMARY KEY must be unique with userInfo = {
NSFilePath = "/Users/alexandre/Library/Containers/com.lyricapps.iCompta5/Data/Library/Caches/com.lyricapps.iCompta5/Documents/3A8F71AA-DC28-4C10-8044-57308B811734.comptadb/StoreContent/persistentStore";
NSSQLiteErrorDomain = 19;
}
01/10/2014 22:56:41.370 iCompta[784]: CoreData: error: (19) PRIMARY KEY must be unique

Please help.
Tnks
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Now that you have this error, you have to force qui and do it again unfortunately. You can save after deleting each category so if there is an issue with a particular category it will be easy to know which one it is and it will be easier for me to debug.