iCompta V5?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCompta V5?

Post by Angeman »

Such an high price ? Not ready for prime time ? Are you kidding me ??
I don't know every other banking app sell price but I know iCompta is by far one of the cheapest, especially compared to iBank... Of course new features can be added (and will be) but the current version is fully functional.
Anyway enjoy iBank if it's much better.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

15 € is in my opinion a quite fair price compared to the 60$ required for ibank, no match :)

Angeman, iCompta is for sure fully functional, been using it since 2011 but you have to agree seeing from the never ending wish list popping out on the forum that it is aging and in very need for an upgrade.
As myself, I've been waiting for ages and still am, since I have no intention to switch.
But I have to tell you I didn't switch just because, in my opinion, iCompta is the best personal finance software on mac for the way I do budgeting.

If I had to judge it only on features and updates I'd have changed it 1 year ago but since I can't find myself comfortable anywhere else, I'm staying.

I see iCloud integration is taking forever, locking progression of iCompta to 90%. Question: do we really care/need for iCloud or do we user prefer interface fixes and new feats? like now? :)

Run a poll :)

I hope things will move on soon and that the beta will eventually be released.

If I were you I'd be more worried about people leaving because of lack of updates. But I am not so hey, good luck :)

Just my 2 cents :)

Ivan
brian

Post by brian »

Me too, I have to wait for long time but the progress is quite slow. I'm working in Software Industry nearly 10 years. My comments is should break down feature and release it ASAP then you can upgrade.

My sense is every request for new feature will be put in the V5 and you want to release the final release with including all features. It's not good. The software cycle that my company is working is 3 months / release :)

At least, you can focus on releasing Mac version (90% done) then move to mobile & sync feature later.
demohill

Post by demohill »

Currently only use mac osx version. I need cost center (people) separate categories. I am very interested in beta testing.
reuel

Post by reuel »

I also used to think that it would be better to release the Mac app as soon as possible. But now, I agree that it will be better to finish everything and provide the seamless experience that the developer wants to provide. I don't know the developer personally, but based on the kind of app he has build and the great amount of features that are ALREADY included in iCompta, I believe it is a good amount of positive perfectionism in the developer that makes the wait so long. And there is nothing wrong with that. Not everyone is the same, some developers build something quick, simple and stupid and ask a whole lot of money for it and some (the minority) develop apps that provide seamless integration to boost productivity, design according to the HIG and make their apps a pleasant experience in daily life. I prefer the second and I think that is exactly what is happening with iCompta; that is why I don't consider moving to another app.

We need to learn how to be patient (I life in Africa... 8-)). Really, nothing bad will happen to you if iCompta 5 doesn't show up before, say, mid 2013 ;)
elektronen

Post by elektronen »

Just want to add my view here:

- I don't care about or use iCloud - I use multiple operating systems, and don't use crap that limits me to using only one operating system
- I'd love to see a new version of iCompta come out, and consider it entirely worth a modest upgrade fee, if that helps move things along - say €5-10?
- I do use the mobile app, in addition to the desktop one
- Given how long I've been using iCompta, it's getting really tiresome to see every category I've ever used across 4 years pop up in the 'Categories' list when I'm assigning items - iCompta should be smart enough to only show me the ones I have configured in Budgets that include the current date, or allow me to 'hide' them manually.

many thanks for a great product!

Mike
hybris

Post by hybris »

Angeman wrote:Such an high price ? Not ready for prime time ? Are you kidding me ??
I don't know every other banking app sell price but I know iCompta is by far one of the cheapest, especially compared to iBank... Of course new features can be added (and will be) but the current version is fully functional.
Anyway enjoy iBank if it's much better.
I've tried a lot of banking app and only iCompta met my needs, but I'm disappointed by the new UI.
v4'UI was not perfect and I hoped for improving but if I have to speak sincerly, this one it's very bad (in my humble opionion of course).
Anyway a good app alternative is Jumsoft's Money - the UI is perfect but it hasn't the important function iCompta has. It lacks of shared transactions and the delayed debit of credit cards.

I wish iCompta gets UI inspiration by Money and that Money gets functions inspiration by iCompta.