Handlig that a 3rd person owes me in a shared account

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
melimeli

Handlig that a 3rd person owes me in a shared account

Post by melimeli »

Hi,
I have crated an account in icompta that corresponds to a saving account with my husband. So every transaction there corresponds 50% to his person and 50% to my person.
But from time to time we buy in a grocery e.g a total of 50€, 40€ correspond to our own expenses (so 20/each) and 10 to her. So I created a person account for her, and split the 50€ in 40€ with Owners my husband and me (which happens by default) and 10€ that I "Transfer to" my mother's account. So it should be that she owes 5€ to my husband and 5€ to me.
However the 10€ show fully in my person account and none i my husband person account.
What am I doing wrong?
We do a lot of shopping in which a part of what we buy from our shared bank account is for her. So I need to handle this correctly.
I tried to attach a simple icompta file that I used to test it so it could be easier for you to check it. But it seems I can't so I tried with several screenshots.
Thanks a lot.
melimeli

Re: Handlig that a 3rd person owes me in a shared account

Post by melimeli »

Sorry, I couldn't attach anything, not sure why. Hopefully we can make progress without the attachments. They were jpeg files.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

melimeli wrote: 20 May 2023, 15:27 So it should be that she owes 5€ to my husband and 5€ to me.
However the 10€ show fully in my person account and none i my husband person account.
Yes this is intended to work like that currently : when you lend money to someone from a joint account, the person owes money only to the first owner.
melimeli

Post by melimeli »

OK! But this doesn't make much sense since the account is owned by two people the money is own to the two people.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Well it makes sense to people who share everything in a joint account and prefer to see the whole debt directly instead of having to sum the debt of each owner every time. Anyway if you don't like this behavior, you can create an extra 5€ transaction from your husband person account to your person account.