Checking the Refund box worked. Thanks.
Since I have many transactions with the same problem, I tried a "Set refund" action in Rules. However it changes all the splits in a transaction, even though the Condition limited it to a specific splits category. And a batch edit did not allow checking ...
Search found 28 matches
- 24 September 2026, 23:56
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Split Amount in Budget
- Replies: 5
- Views: 325900
- 11 August 2026, 21:19
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Reinvest dividends
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3925
Re: Reinvest dividends
Thanks for the confirmation!
I figured out a workaround which allows both the new share purchase and the dividend income to be recorded:
- create an investment transaction
- select the Buy action with the security name and number of shares
- in the split allocate a positive amount to a dividend ...
I figured out a workaround which allows both the new share purchase and the dividend income to be recorded:
- create an investment transaction
- select the Buy action with the security name and number of shares
- in the split allocate a positive amount to a dividend ...
- 07 August 2026, 01:10
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Reinvest dividends
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3925
Reinvest dividends
Am I right that you have to use two separate transactions to record the receipt of a dividend that is reinvested? Or is there a slick way to accomplish that in one transaction... 
- 25 April 2026, 00:32
- Forum: iCompta (Mac)
- Topic: Font size
- Replies: 1
- Views: 298643
Font size
Is it me, or is there a way to increase the iCompta font size without affecting other Mac apps? The attached screenshot shows icompta's user interface size slider which seems to be stuck in the middle. The other screenshot of the Mac accessibility display text size changer for individual apps for ...
- 13 April 2026, 22:00
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Split Amount in Budget
- Replies: 5
- Views: 325900
Re: Split Amount in Budget
It looks like the culprit is splits with a credit amount. Credits are included in transaction displays, not in "currently" budget display. Is there a way to fix this?
- 12 April 2026, 21:28
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Split Amount in Budget
- Replies: 5
- Views: 325900
Split Amount in Budget
In the display of my budget, the amount in the "Currently" column for the expense category Food shows as $100. However that is the total amount for a transaction that had two categories: Food $30, Lodging $70.
Is the current budget anount not able to parse split transactions or am I doing something ...
Is the current budget anount not able to parse split transactions or am I doing something ...
- 30 March 2026, 22:02
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Importing Account Type
- Replies: 3
- Views: 236157
Re: Importing Account Type
Thanks for the quick response!
I have manually corrected all of my accounts to the four types I use:
Assets
Cash
Checking
Credit card
When I do an export the qif file gives a type Bank for all of my accounts except one. For example:
^
!Account
NAmex
TBank
^
Strangely, one asset type account came ...
I have manually corrected all of my accounts to the four types I use:
Assets
Cash
Checking
Credit card
When I do an export the qif file gives a type Bank for all of my accounts except one. For example:
^
!Account
NAmex
TBank
^
Strangely, one asset type account came ...
- 29 March 2026, 23:01
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Importing Account Type
- Replies: 3
- Views: 236157
Importing Account Type
When importing a qif file, the account type is not being carried over and a default type of checking results. I don't see type in the qif mapping.
An example qif input:
!Account
NAmex
D
TCCard
L10,400.00
^
I don't see a way an import rule can accomplish the change from CCard to the iCompta ...
An example qif input:
!Account
NAmex
D
TCCard
L10,400.00
^
I don't see a way an import rule can accomplish the change from CCard to the iCompta ...
- 02 April 2025, 00:41
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Whole numbers in transaction report
- Replies: 2
- Views: 328016
Re: Whole numbers in transaction report
Cool! Thanks for the quick reply and your excellent support through the years.
- 31 March 2025, 00:07
- Forum: iCompta (iPhone / iPad)
- Topic: Whole numbers in transaction report
- Replies: 2
- Views: 328016
Whole numbers in transaction report
Is there a way to display all amounts in a transaction report with whole numbers only? ($2,520 instead of $2,520.13)

