credit card and income problem

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
invezgra

credit card and income problem

Post by invezgra »

Hi,

I need help here. I have cash, saving, and credit card account. I am so confused about income chart.
When I make transfer from cash or saving account to credit card account, the transaction shows up as income on pie charts.

How do I fix this?
invezgra

Re: credit card and income problem

Post by invezgra »

Ok. I think I have figured around this problem now.
For other new user like me, I would advise that if you have many accounts and you transfer money between your accounts, saving 1 to saving 2: turn this off 'Include in statistics' on both debit and credit account.
But when you transfer money to pay credit card, ie. saving 1 to credit card account, turn them on instead- both saving and credit account side. And the transaction should be categorized as 'Debt payment: Credit card' or whatever you want to call it.

To have the pie charts interpret correctly, do the following:
Account: do not choose credit card account.

- The purpose of the pie charts are to give you view of how you spend and receive money for certain period.
- If you want to know total worth of your assets and how they increase and decrease over time use 'Balance Evolution'

- You use 'Bar Graph' to compare how you spend under one category for your chosen period.

-For v.3 I would like to be able to plot many category on the same graph and able to choose which graph type I want, line or bar.

Hope this help other new users like me