Great App and Some Feedback

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
osubucks

Great App and Some Feedback

Post by osubucks »

Hello,

I have used iCompta mobile for the past three months after comparing it to the competition and I wanted to let you know that it is excellent! I especially like the direct import of the bank data as this is key to making this an efficient process for me. After the three months of daily use, I have just a couple of suggestions for enhancement that I think you may already have planned for the next release:

1. The biggest enhancement for me would be the ability to see the transaction detail for a particular expense category for a time period. I am routinely looking at the Pie Chart report and when I see a large expense category, I ask the question "What transactions makes up that expense amount?". The ability to drill into the expense transaction details is a key feature that should be in the application. Right now I end up exporting a file out of the system and having to analyze it in Excel.

2. I often monitor my projected cash by looking into the future date balances in the account register. A nice feature would be for the application to provide an optional calendar view and the projected balance for each day on the calendar view so you can get a better sense of time.

#1 I feel is a must have feature of a personal finance software - after all I spent the time to categorize each transaction I would like to be able to drill back to the details from the summary category totals.
#2 is more of a nice to have for those of us who like to see things visually in a calendar view.

That being said I just wanted to thank you again for this great application and one I use multiple times a day to keep my finances in order. Very much looking forward to the next release!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Great App and Some Feedback

Post by Angeman »

osubucks wrote:1. The biggest enhancement for me would be the ability to see the transaction detail for a particular expense category for a time period. I am routinely looking at the Pie Chart report and when I see a large expense category, I ask the question "What transactions makes up that expense amount?". The ability to drill into the expense transaction details is a key feature that should be in the application. Right now I end up exporting a file out of the system and having to analyze it in Excel.
This will be included in V3.
osubucks wrote:2. I often monitor my projected cash by looking into the future date balances in the account register. A nice feature would be for the application to provide an optional calendar view and the projected balance for each day on the calendar view so you can get a better sense of time.
Thanks for the suggestion.