Categories share

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
ekawahata

Categories share

Post by ekawahata »

I am new user of iCompta and iCompta mobile.
Thanks for these useful apps.

Now I set a store in many goods, for example, A:100yen of Food, B:200yen of Drink, in iCompta for Mac I set Categories Food 100yen and Drink 200yen. But in iCompta mobile, I have to set Categories Food 33.33% and Drink 66.67%.. I confuse the setting.
Please select not only percentage but also price(yen, dollar etc.)!!

thanks.
agh

Re: Categories share

Post by agh »

Yes, I have the same problem.
I'm just trying out the mac and phone apps and haven't bought yet.
So far everything is looking really good, but I don't understand why I can split transactions nicely on the mac app, but can't on the phone.

For me, a major use of the phone app would be to log transactions for which I don't get a receipt - for example to record what I pay in a bar and split it between food and drink. (I really like to keep track of those two categories separately...)
I guess you have this percentage thing because of the unique app's focus on splitting transactions between several people, but for an individual the ability to split by amount paid (and especially to enter the amount in one category and have the other fill automatically) is a huge timesaver.

It's not a deal breaker for me - I could enter one total, make a note in the comments field and split it back home on the mac. But it would be nice.

Otherwise, congratulations on a very well done program. Especially like the keyboard input.
agh

Post by agh »

Ah, sorry, I read further back in the forum and see you are aware of this problem and plan to fix it in V3.

While you're on, any way to speed up getting to the cash transaction entry screen?
I think that's the one most people will use most on the phone - couldn't the start screen be set (hopefully with a bigger + button - some of your competitors are on the right track here) so we can immediately start entering a cash outlay?

My logic is that all receipts go in the wallet, so details can be entered back home.
The iphone app comes into its own for cash transactions with no receipt, where instant entry is the goal. (OK, also useful on a trip where you are away from the mac for some time)
But I want to hit a big button and get those details down before I forget. Often one-handed in a crowded place...
Cash account entry could be the default perhaps, with a way to go from there to the other types?

Really liking the way the selection lists drop down on the mac app with tabs and arrow keys in the transaction screen.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

ekawahata wrote:Now I set a store in many goods, for example, A:100yen of Food, B:200yen of Drink, in iCompta for Mac I set Categories Food 100yen and Drink 200yen. But in iCompta mobile, I have to set Categories Food 33.33% and Drink 66.67%.. I confuse the setting.
Please select not only percentage but also price(yen, dollar etc.)!!
You can change to amount mode by touching the "% <" text on the left.
agh wrote:While you're on, any way to speed up getting to the cash transaction entry screen?
I think that's the one most people will use most on the phone - couldn't the start screen be set (hopefully with a bigger + button - some of your competitors are on the right track here) so we can immediately start entering a cash outlay?

My logic is that all receipts go in the wallet, so details can be entered back home.
The iphone app comes into its own for cash transactions with no receipt, where instant entry is the goal. (OK, also useful on a trip where you are away from the mac for some time)
But I want to hit a big button and get those details down before I forget. Often one-handed in a crowded place...
Cash account entry could be the default perhaps, with a way to go from there to the other types?
This is planned as well.
ekawahata

Post by ekawahata »

Angeman wrote: You can change to amount mode by touching the "% <" text on the left.
Oh! I'm sorry not to be try check. Thanks!