Printing reports

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Fourcue

Printing reports

Post by Fourcue »

Hello:
New user here, a L O N G time user of Quicken for Mac...

There has been other feedback on some of this which I don't want to duplicate. Here's my "2 cents" worth, hopefully to add to the other constructive comments you have received.
- If you search the on line Help page for the word "print", it shows "Not found". Yipes! :shock: It takes a lot of work to enter all the data, so it would be nice to be able more easily to create the reports & graphs I would like and to print them (often to PDFs btw).
- For example, I couldn't figure out how to print the Balance Evolution graph without resorting to a screen shot!
- The transaction reports when several accounts in different currencies are difficult to understand:
== the report balances are in the currency of reference (the first on the list); that's OK and the amounts look correct (as the non-reference currencies are converted per the rates in the currency table)
== the transactions themselves (debits & credits) are shown, each with the correct currency label, but the interleaved running total (on the far right) in the various currencies is really hard to follow; this is because the transaction are sorted by date. Is there no way to get this report sorted by account then by date?
- The pie charts show percentages but there is no Legend (without clicking on the percent information); this means the chart is not as useful as it could be on screen, and is basically useless when printed.... Please add a legend.

It occurs to me that this list could be very long and so could be discouraging both for the developer and potential users. The developer has clearly put a huge amount of effort into the main parts of this software, many aspects of which are very good. However, it is let down, imho, by poor to useless or inexistent printing abilities. Providing better report creation, customising and "memorising" would enhance the product hugely, so the many of us who have provided feedback on this point can now only hope that the developer agrees and has the ability to make it happen.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Printing reports

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for your suggestions, printing should be better in V5.