Budget - transaction date vs. reconciliation date

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
barongreenback

Budget - transaction date vs. reconciliation date

Post by barongreenback »

As payments made by my debit card take up to 3 days to appear in my bank account, this can affect the way I run my budgets. Is there any way that iCompta budgets can use the transaction date rather than the reconciliation date? Thanks.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Budget - transaction date vs. reconciliation date

Post by Angeman »

Not in current version sorry.
barongreenback

Post by barongreenback »

Will this be supported in a future version? Until banks universally do same day payments (not expected for some time in the UK), this would be an extremely important feature for many users.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Sure.
barongreenback

Post by barongreenback »

Brilliant, thank you!
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

That's really interesting.

Here, in Brazil, since a long time ago, all transactions occur exactly at the moment you "make" the payment. (via debit card).

For example, if I make a payment at the movie theathre right now, it will right now in my bank account. (i can check it online). For instance, i have a service that sends me SMS everytime anything changes at may bank account (if i buy anything via creditcard, debit card or cheque).

The Reconciliation feature works great for me for cheque payment (For example, i pay for some service today via cheque, but the person only compensates it in 3 days).

In fact, i use the pending and reconciled feature to monitor pending obligations and credits (lets say maturity date). (For example if i rent an apartment i make monthly subsequent pending transactions and reconcile each one at the date the renter pays me for each one).

I thought that the european banks worked like the brazilian ones.