Strange 'Preview' totals

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
johngc

Strange 'Preview' totals

Post by johngc »

I have been using iCompta for a couple of months and so far am very happy - it's the closest thing to MS Money that I was using on XP.

Recently I have noticed that my reconciled balance is not the same as my online bank account details, nor is it matching the balance shown in iCompta for the account under the preview column.

Looking through the account details I can see a number of transactions that are causing problems. It would appear that random entries are shown as either £0.00 in the preview column, or have the same balance as the previous transaction in the preview column, and as such do not add to the total. I can find no way to change this.

I have made sure that all are reconciled and also that they are reconciled on the same day the transaction was recorded.

This is driving me mad (and meant that for a few days I was a lot better off than I really am :o )

It may be that I have just overlooked a setting but the last 20 transactions I added were all done in teh same way and there are still a handful not adding to the preview total!
johngc

Re: Strange 'Preview' totals

Post by johngc »

Ok, I have found out what I needed to do.

For some reason I had to save, exit and restart iCompta.

A bit annoying but at least it works! :D
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Can you open Console application in /Applications/Utilities folder and copy/paste log messages about iCompta ? Thanks
poich

Post by poich »

I'm actually seeing something weird in that regard. If you order by the "date" column the "preview" column seems to computed according to the reconciled column. So you basically end up ordering by one set of dates but seeing previews by another chronological order.

For I could see one line of credit for $100 and see the preview column go down by a different amount, it's pretty confusing.
johngc

Post by johngc »

HI, Sorry for the delayed post.

I have posted the log data at http://pastebin.com/ApMYGQSe.

Hope it helps - I am fairly new to OSX so if you need more let me know.

Thanks

John
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

poich wrote:I'm actually seeing something weird in that regard. If you order by the "date" column the "preview" column seems to computed according to the reconciled column. So you basically end up ordering by one set of dates but seeing previews by another chronological order.

For I could see one line of credit for $100 and see the preview column go down by a different amount, it's pretty confusing.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=504&p=1986#p1986