Reporting Add-ons

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
cpatte7372

Reporting Add-ons

Post by cpatte7372 »

Hello,

I love icompta with my iPad, but just one problem - there doesn't appear to be any credible reporting tools. I would like to see cash-flow reports, etc.

Is this available as an add on? I would happily purchase it.

Cheers

Carlton
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Reporting Add-ons

Post by Angeman »

You can scroll below the pie charts to see the cash flow.
cpatte7372

Post by cpatte7372 »

Hi Angeman,

Thanks for responding. I checked out the cash-flow below the pie charts, however it doesn't provide the type of cash-flow I would ideally like.

Do you remember responding to a member called mrtoner on the 9th August 2009? He gave you an example of the type of reports he would like and you mentioned you would look into it. Did you manage work on it?

As I mentioned, I would gladly pay for any add-on that would allow this.

Cheers
seewhy

Post by seewhy »

I'm a relative newcomer to icompta (only 1 month so far ..) but I thought I'd mention my experiences.

When I first took a look at icompta - both desktop & ipad - I almost didn't continue using it because of exactly the reason you mentioned - lack of reporting. My existing (now previous) finance application had reports available to print, that gave me more or less what I needed for my accountant but they weren't exactly what I wanted.

But when I started using icompta and played around with the filters on the desktop version I soon realised I could export to a csv file quite precisely what I wanted to report on, and if I organised my accounts into account groups I could organise my exports even more precisely. This is a really powerful feature. The resulting csv files can then be pulled in to Excel or any other application that supports csv for reporting.

This has given me much better reporting than I had previously, albeit by using another application alongside icompta. I've actually taken this 1 step further and created my own Filemaker 'reporting database' with scripts that import the csv file into a table and allow me to produce reports for my accountant exactly as I want them.

I know this doesn't help if you use the ipad version on it's own, but when combined with the desktop I find it a really neat way of maintaining and reporting your finances that lets me tailor reports to exactly what I need.

Chris.
cpatte7372

Post by cpatte7372 »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I do use the ipad version on its own.

Sad thing, I'm sure many people that have purchased icompta would gladly pay for an add-on or plug-ins that allowed them to produce decent reports.

I think the developers are missing an opportunity here. Or maybe its just not worth them putting in the time and effort for a plug-in. Shame really.

Carlton
Middledorf

Post by Middledorf »

I'd like to chime in on this as well. My goal is to be able to run my finance app just on my iPad. To be able to do this reports by category is a must. I'd gladly pay an extra $1.99 for this add-on.
cpatte7372

Post by cpatte7372 »

Hi Middledorf,

Maybe if enough subscribers chime on the developers may realise the lost opportunity to profit from add-ons....

Cheers

Carlton
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Don't worry I agree with you on the need of these add-ons and I do plan to make them when I got some time.
cpatte7372

Post by cpatte7372 »

Angeman,

Thanks dude.....

Carlton
killerloop

Post by killerloop »

Just installed iCompta on my iPad and I like it.... so far.

1) Synchronization to Dropbox and Backup to e-mail worked perfect.
But how to read the backup file on my PC?

2) It would be nice to have iCompta on my PC too for reading the backup file and maybe do some adjustments or detail changes.
Do I have to buy and extra license for the PC?

3) I have different accounts in different currency... i.e. USD and EUR.
How to get different currency?

Cheers
Killerloop...