How do I get the OFX server information from my bank?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Kreutec

How do I get the OFX server information from my bank?

Post by Kreutec »

Hello, I've just purchased icompta and by trying to set up my bank accounts I found my banks are not on the Factory settings list. Now how do I find out the OFX server of my bank? Also things like Institution ID, Bank ID etc... And once I find the OFX server, do these things get filled in automatically or do I need to get this info of the bank? How? Can anyone help me with this, please?
Best Regards
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: How do I get the OFX server information from my bank?

Post by Angeman »

Only US banks offer OFX direct download service so if this is not the case you have to use the embedded web browser instead.
Kreutec

Post by Kreutec »

Thank you for your reply. I tried linking accounts from Australia and Germany. And I did try using the embedded web browser. My bank website comes up but I couldn't find information on the website about downloading anything nor did I find information about their OFX server when I punched in OFX in their surch function. Where would I need to look for?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Usually there is a download transactions link somewhere in the site after you logged in, then choose one of the following formats iCompta can import : OFX, QIF or CSV.