Lending and Borrowing money

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
d3vah

Lending and Borrowing money

Post by d3vah »

Hi,
I may have not fully understood how I am supposed to manage lending an borrowing. I'm experiencing some problems with concurrency.

two scenarios:
Scenario 1 (same concurrency):
I'm A and lend money to B -> I create a transaction with a negative value (es. 10EUR) and add B as "Poeple" for 100% of the amount.
B pays back -> I create a transaction with a positive value (es. 10EUR) and add B as "Poeple" for 100% of the amount
This works flawlessly

Scenario 2 (different concurrency):
I'm A and lend money to B while in UK -> I create a transaction with a negative value (es. 10GBP) and add B as "Poeple" for 100% of the amount.
B pays back when back in italy in EUR-> I create a transaction with a positive value (es. 12,XXEUR according to current exchange) and add B as "Poeple" for 100% of the amount.

Here is the problem:
As soon as the concurrency rates change I owe money to B or he owes me... This is kind of bothering since the transactions are over.

I guess I missuse iCompta to manage this task or perhaps the should be a way to "freeze" transaction accourding to a specific concurrency rate.

Cheers and thanks

Ciro
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Lending and Borrowing money

Post by Angeman »

You can check the box next to the amount of the participation to tell that it's over.
Capture d’écran 2010-10-20 à 00.20.38.png
Capture d’écran 2010-10-20 à 00.20.38.png (29.83 KiB) Viewed 2839 times