Post by mm_v8 »

Currently when we input transfer item, display shows;

Debited account
Credited account
Date
Frequency
Amount
Category

(I still doubt about "Category" for transfer item and no other accounting software has it, but anyway no harm.)

However, we see the item under each account, it shows, of course, in the same way as others;

Name: "Transfer to ...." or "Transfer from..."
Comment
Date
Amount

Means of payment
Kind: Set "Transfer" as default
Info

Categories
-----
----
---

The current setting is input "Transfer to ...." or "Transfer from..." in the Name and "Transfer" in the Kind.
But we should have the name and comments in the input menu for Transfer between Credited account and Date.
And appear "to [Credited account]" or "from [Debited account]" in the Info column in the Means of payment rather than under the Name.
In this way, we can utilize the Name column (as well as Comment) for the purpose of this transfer item.

Otherwise, in the current way, we need to input manually any note twice in the credited account and debited account.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Suggestion on input of Transfer

Post by Angeman »

Yes you're right it seems to be more convenient this way, I'll change that in a future release.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

Thank you. Looking forward it.
Anyway, I am appreciating this excellent application everyday.
Polar

Post by Polar »

I agree with mm_v8. His suggestions make sense. I make a lot of transfers between my accounts. And it is very tiresome work to change the name and comment for each pair of transaction after conducting a transfer.