Questions

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
mm_v8

Questions

Post by mm_v8 »

(1) Reconcile
Does it have a function to show the balance of reconciliation while I am clicking the reconcile button without going back to the list of account?

(2) Cleaning transactions
In the setting, there is a function to set "number of months to keep".
I do not like this function because I cannot select to disable it or "unlimit".
I really need to keep the data almost forever as far as I live, although I surely update iPhone itself.
Personally, I do not understand why somebody need this function and I do not understand why we cannot select "no cleaning".
Or, do I misunderstand about this function?

I appreciate if you guide me.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Questions

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:Does it have a function to show the balance of reconciliation while I am clicking the reconcile button without going back to the list of account?
You have to enable the "Display balance" switch in Settings application this way you will see the reconciled balance in the transactions list as well and when you touch the status icon it will update the balance directly.
mm_v8 wrote:In the setting, there is a function to set "number of months to keep".
I do not like this function because I cannot select to disable it or "unlimit".
I really need to keep the data almost forever as far as I live, although I surely update iPhone itself.
Personally, I do not understand why somebody need this function and I do not understand why we cannot select "no cleaning".
Or, do I misunderstand about this function?
This setting is only used when you touch the clean transactions button in the transactions list, so don't worry, there is no automatic cleaning.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

Angeman

Thank you very much for your clarification.

I have 2 other suggestions.
(1) Deletion of account
It is too easy to delete an account. "-" button appears when I wrongly press "Edit" button.
I believe it should have one more step to delete it, for example, add "Delete" button after pressing "Edit" button, then "-" button appears.

(2) Participants
When I select one of participants, I need to add % (or amount) again. I think many users prefer 100% as defualt rather than 0%.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:(1) Deletion of account
It is too easy to delete an account. "-" button appears when I wrongly press "Edit" button.
I believe it should have one more step to delete it, for example, add "Delete" button after pressing "Edit" button, then "-" button appears.
Once you have touched the - button you still have to touch the delete button that appear on the right so there is already an extra step.
mm_v8 wrote:(2) Participants
When I select one of participants, I need to add % (or amount) again. I think many users prefer 100% as defualt rather than 0%.
In fact the default value is 100% - sum of other categories and other participants.
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

Thank you again.
Angeman wrote: Once you have touched the - button you still have to touch the delete button that appear on the right so there is already an extra step.
OK. Understand. But still in terms of "feeling" (in other words, man to machine interface), it may be better to have the delete button before click "-", although the current way does not create a real problem.

Angeman wrote: In fact the default value is 100% - sum of other categories and other participants.
Yes, I confirmed it. When did you change? I was not aware.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

mm_v8 wrote:Yes, I confirmed it. When did you change? I was not aware.
Version 2
mm_v8

Post by mm_v8 »

I found the reason why I could not notice the change.

When Category has been selected, default % of Participant become 0%. And vice versa, when Participant has been already selected, Category shows 0%.

I think it is funny and should be bug.