How to reconcile

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
berksgr

How to reconcile

Post by berksgr »

I'm looking at switching away from my current program to iCompta but trying to understand how to reconcile ?

Appears there is no dedicated dialog. Just one running total.

If i get a monthly bank statement what is the process ? Do i just choose to filter on pending transactions and then change to pending and look at the running total ?

If i make a mistake doing that how do I undo that whole months process ?

Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: How to reconcile

Post by Angeman »

berksgr wrote:If i get a monthly bank statement what is the process ? Do i just choose to filter on pending transactions and then change to pending and look at the running total ?
Absolutely
berksgr wrote:If i make a mistake doing that how do I undo that whole months process ?
You can undo each change with Apple + Z shortcut.
berksgr

Post by berksgr »

Thanks, I guess I was mean the whole reconcile process applying as one transaction.

I'll try it out, perhaps wont be a real issue.

Cheers
eugene_o

Post by eugene_o »

Sorry, I am still not clear on the reconciling process.

When downloading transactions, "Auto-reconcile" option needs to be turned on, otherwise all the earlier transactions will be imported again, right? But then all the transactions are marked "Reconciled", so there are no pending ones.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

eugene_o wrote:When downloading transactions, "Auto-reconcile" option needs to be turned on, otherwise all the earlier transactions will be imported again, right? But then all the transactions are marked "Reconciled", so there are no pending ones.
If you only download your transactions and never create them manually, yes there are no pending transactions. But when you create your transaction manually it is in a pending state and become reconciled when it is found in your bank download.