Ignoring Transfers

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
largebrick

Ignoring Transfers

Post by largebrick »

Hi All,

New user, looking for some advice - I have downloaded transactions for my checking account from their website in QIF, and imported them to iCompta. I have also downloaded the same for my savings account at the same bank.

In order to maximise interest, I make regular payments to/from my savings account, sometimes 5 or 6 per month. In iCompta, I have gone into these transactions and listed them as type "Transfer", but the reports are not ignoring these transactions, even when the "ignore transfers" option is on, which is making the reports look silly.

Is there some way to get the reports to ignore these?

Also, is there some way to link the two transactions (one in checking, one in savings) when they have been imported (preferably automatically - i.e. when importing it will look for a corresponding transfer in another specified account)?

Thanks for your help!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Ignoring Transfers

Post by Angeman »

largebrick wrote:Is there some way to get the reports to ignore these?

Also, is there some way to link the two transactions (one in checking, one in savings) when they have been imported (preferably automatically - i.e. when importing it will look for a corresponding transfer in another specified account)?
These two things can be done by creating real transfers with the create transfer button. Unfortunately you can also convert 2 existing transactions as a transfer but only on the Mac version currently.
generalvikar

Post by generalvikar »

is there a other way to do this, because since the update to the version 4.0.3 i have the problem, that all ever made transactions before this update are now not more an transaction which i can ignore when i do an report. the mean of payment is transaction, but i can not see the both arrows. only the transactions where i can see the arrows, this i can ignore for a report. i hope for help, because this problem i have with arround 250 entries.

greets,

tom
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

generalvikar wrote:is there a other way to do this, because since the update to the version 4.0.3 i have the problem, that all ever made transactions before this update are now not more an transaction which i can ignore when i do an report. the mean of payment is transaction, but i can not see the both arrows. only the transactions where i can see the arrows, this i can ignore for a report. i hope for help, because this problem i have with arround 250 entries.
If you have the Mac version it's easy to do it, just select the 2 transactions of the transfer and Right click > Convert as transfer. It should go pretty fast I think.
largebrick

Post by largebrick »

Are there any future plans to make this functionality available on the iOS version? I am not a Mac user, so can not do the conversion with the Mac version.

This seems like a fairly key feature, as it's really impossible to read the reports without being able to ignore the transfers.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

largebrick wrote:Are there any future plans to make this functionality available on the iOS version? I am not a Mac user, so can not do the conversion with the Mac version.
Yes I will certainly add that in a future release.
AlexSmall

Post by AlexSmall »

Hi,
Could I request the the feature to recognize transfers by import automatically?
I mean when import data for two years it have thousands of transactions and convert them manually is impossible mission.
I suggets you could add action into rules that convert pair of transactions into transfer.
In order to get account of other leg of transfer i sugest to use the special condition which will extract account name from category and check existence of transaction of same amount.
Or there could be special set of conditions to select other leg of transfer which will have condition with regexp to extract account name from category (see below).

There is example of my transactions:
=======================================
!Type:Cash
D1/1/2008
T5000.00
CR
L[???. ????]/????????
^
D1/9/2008
T-5000.00
CR
L[???. ??????]/????????
^
D1/10/2008
T33000.00
CR
L[???????? RUR]/????????
^
D1/10/2008
T-2000.00
CR
L[???. ?????]/????????
^
D1/15/2008
T-33000.00
CR
P??????????? ?????
M??????????
L?????:??????????/?????
^
=====================================
The last one is just plain payment (to understand the difference). Transactions have to/from account name in category with [] like [xxxxx] where xxxxx is the account name.

One more thing.
My previous software have Classes in addition to two level of categories. The class of transaction is just another type of grouping transaction across all categories and accounts. At export of transactions classes added to category after /. It would be god if there will be a way to somehow remove this classes from category name. May be another type of action like replace category by regexp.
Also will be useful in category management when I rename category to exist name ask me to merge transactions instead of just add 1 to the end (with warning that this operation can not be undone of course :) ).

Regards,
Alex
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll consider it for next release.
fernandezpaco

Post by fernandezpaco »

I purchase yesterday the app...

i love it so far.

The only annoing thing is precisely the imported transfers... I am a MsMoney user and i got 6 differents accounts...
When i import the qif files the transfers are not recognised.

But even if a change the transaction type from othe to transfer, this transactions are shown in the reports. Only transfers made from the app are hidden.

The suggestion from AlexSmall would be great, [xxxxx] usually is a transfer to account xxxxx and this should be recognised.

At first glance as a MsMoney user i am also missing:
-More reports
-Bill Calendar

When is your estimated next release date?

Despite of all this i think you have the best personal finance tool for ipad.
Thx