OFX Download - "the page could not be loaded,"

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
slipperman

OFX Download - "the page could not be loaded,"

Post by slipperman »

Hello There,

On the iPad, while trying to download an OFX file from my bank, through their website (from within the iCompta software), I get the following error when clicking download. "The page could not be loaded, please make sure your device is connected to the internet.".

All other pages load no problem, and I can successfully login to the website. When I try to download the OFX file using Safari (on the iPad, outside of iCompta), I get the following error "Safari cannot download this file", however when I try on Windows or Mac OS, I have no problems downloading the OFX file. Is there a setting or a work-around to be able to download this OFX file from the bank's website?

Thanks,
Siip
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: OFX Download - "the page could not be loaded,"

Post by Angeman »

If you know how to do it, it would be great if you can tell me the MIME type of the OFX file you download from your bank.
slipperman

Post by slipperman »

Thank you for the quick reply. Im not entirely sure how to tell you this. The file is type .qfx and it is a text file. The closest thing to a header in the file is.

Code: Select all

OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE
If you need further information, I can follow any steps you send in either OS X or Windows.

Thank you,
Slip
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can get the MIME type with the Firefox plugin Live HTTP Headers.
After you installed the plugin, go to your bank web site and navigate through the download page.
Then you can click on Tools menu > Live HTTP Headers. It will open a new window where text will appear when you click on the download button.
There you'll have to search for a line that starts with Content-Type: as shown in the screenshot below.
live.png
live.png (26.19 KiB) Viewed 8784 times