Email Backup File

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
richwalt

Email Backup File

Post by richwalt »

Cyril,

I like the webpage server back up functionality. It's great. I use it mainly to sync my iPad version with my iPhone version.

For example, I typically use the function in the following situation:

(1) I make several changes on my iPad ( classifying expenses into catagories ).
(2) I go the the web server address for my iPad and do a backup, saving the file to my desktop.
(3) I go the the web server address for my iPhone and do a restore with the same file.

I have several other iPad/iPhone apps that also do backups/restores. Except those do it by email. This is better as you do bot have to wait until you get home to sync. For example, you could:

(1) Email the file as an attachment, to yourself from the iPad.
(2) Open that email from the iPhone, and tap the attachment which would open iCompta and import the file.

Of course, you don't have to have two devices to enjoy this function. You could perform a back up to email. Try some tricky things - and if you mess up anything, just restore from your last email. Email back ups seems to be a normal thing to do with lots of different apps.

I don't exactly know how they do it, but the files are given some unique extension, which is associated to the proper app software. So when an email has that attachment, and you tap on it, then it automatically opens the correct software. I would love to see this in a future release.

With the calendar view of the scheduler.

Thanks again for a great piece of software.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Email Backup File

Post by Angeman »

Ok will try to add that in a future version.