OFX direct download

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
shuckster

OFX direct download

Post by shuckster »

My bank does not support this.

However, I have created scripts that automatically download the OFX files every night and put them in a Dropbox folder.

I tried using Apache to share this folder over HTTP so that I could trick iCompta into enabling the "Download transactions" button for each account, but it seems there is more to it than I expected. :P

Please consider this a feature-request to either:
1. Set a file for iCompta to periodically check for updates for each account.
2. Allow direct-links to OFX files for the "Server" in OFX Direct Download configuration.

Thanks in advance for any consideration!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: OFX direct download

Post by Angeman »

Your trick should work but in order to have the download button enabled make sure you entered your account number and a dummy login/password.
shuckster

Post by shuckster »

It works! Thanks a lot.
cpatte7372

Post by cpatte7372 »

I've just read this post and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to directly download from dropbox? Also, can someone tell me how 'Direct download' works? At the moment, the only way to get OFX files into ICompta is by importing the file via my computers web browser. However, I getting the impression that its possible to achieve this without intervention via my computer???

Cheers

Carlton
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

cpatte7372 wrote:Also, can someone tell me how 'Direct download' works? At the moment, the only way to get OFX files into ICompta is by importing the file via my computers web browser. However, I getting the impression that its possible to achieve this without intervention via my computer???
It depends on your bank, only US banks offer this service.