Link cash account and credit card account

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bono3d

Link cash account and credit card account

Post by bono3d »

Hello friends.
I´m trying to learn ICompta and dont´t have finance background. So, i have some very basic questions...

1. What do I have to do after a month collecting credit card transactions? Do I have to move all credit cards transactions to Cash account and delete that specific transaction (with all amount) from the same Cash account to maintain the correct balance? Or make a transfer?

2. How to link a Saving account and a Cash account automatically when importing CSV/OFX/QIF transactions?

My purpose is to add a minimum transaction manually and make sure ICompta recognizes when something goes from one to another account. Is taht possible?

Thank you for attention.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Link cash account and credit card account

Post by Angeman »

bono3d wrote:1. What do I have to do after a month collecting credit card transactions? Do I have to move all credit cards transactions to Cash account and delete that specific transaction (with all amount) from the same Cash account to maintain the correct balance? Or make a transfer?
You can do either way, it will be the same.
bono3d wrote:2. How to link a Saving account and a Cash account automatically when importing CSV/OFX/QIF transactions?

My purpose is to add a minimum transaction manually and make sure ICompta recognizes when something goes from one to another account. Is taht possible?
Once the transactions are imported, you have to manually tell iCompta which ones are transfers. Select the two transactions of the transfer, then right click > Convert as transfer.