Puzzling Dilema

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
headbirth

Puzzling Dilema

Post by headbirth »

iCompta's credit card accounts should have payments entered as negative values and charges as positive values and the accounts balance set to the cards credit limit, so you are always seeking a balance of 0. However, when transactions are imported the opposite is true. Also, when I transfer funds to my credit card account from another account as payment they are entered as positive values. Why are checking accounts, credit card accounts and investment accounts all treated the same? Shouldn't the Credit Card account behave differently then the Checking account and offer different options?
Paipe

Re: Puzzling Dilema

Post by Paipe »

I think that the way it works is great, as the debt means a "loss" to your funds, so that u can se that as a debit in your accountability. The only thing i think it would be good was to put a limit option in the credit card accounts as a credit in your funds, so you would not try to balance the account to 0, but to the limit you have, meaning that if you reach to a 0 balance you would have no more limit to use.