Attachments

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Omakakii

Attachments

Post by Omakakii »

Hello,

When I attach a file to a particular transaction, does it put it in the iCompta file or just link to the file on my computer? Also, how do I look at that file later? Can I access it through the program?

Thanks.
Luke
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Attachments

Post by Angeman »

It's an alias, so it is only linked but you can still rename or move your file.
You can reveal the file in the Finder or show a QuickLook panel right from iCompta.
Capture d’écran 2010-06-18 à 19.17.54.png
Capture d’écran 2010-06-18 à 19.17.54.png (47.25 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

Hey angeman,

I'm having some trouble with the attachment system, which i did not have at some time ago.

When i attach a file and, later on, change its name or its location, the link in icompta wont recognize the file anymore(it will appear with the old name, with a blank icon), so the file wont open. It will only open if i change the name or the location back again.

What should i do?

I'm sendind some pictures so that u can see it.

Thanks.
Attachments
Changed the Name (The old name continues, but the file is blank and it does not open)
Changed the Name (The old name continues, but the file is blank and it does not open)
Captura de tela 2010-06-21 às 17.26.42.png (36.82 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
Old Name
Old Name
Captura de tela 2010-06-21 às 17.26.02.png (34.76 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Paipe wrote:When i attach a file and, later on, change its name or its location, the link in icompta wont recognize the file anymore(it will appear with the old name, with a blank icon), so the file wont open. It will only open if i change the name or the location back again.
The display is not refreshed but you'll notice that if you click on "CEAL - 06:2010.pdf", it will find your file back and updates the name and the icon of the file.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

Actually not...

It just doesnt find any file, even if i click on the blank icon (CEAL - 06:2010) it wont do anything. I noticed that if i try to preview the file it shows the blank icon with the old name too.

I've just updated to 4.0.2 but the issue remains.

I dont know if there is something related to it, but i just acquired my new macbook pro 13. So i just used time machine to bring all of my files from my old macbook pro 15 and formated it, so that i could sell it. It seems that everything worked perfectly. The only problem i got is this one, which i didnt have on my older mac. What do you think?

Thanks.
Attachments
file preview
file preview
Captura de tela 2010-06-23 às 10.30.40.png (79.62 KiB) Viewed 6866 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I think it's because you changed your Mac so the alias can't resolve anymore. You should try to clear the linked files and drop them again.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

There really is some bug on it...

Even the new links wont work right.

Fix Plz! =)

Thanks