Currency showing next to balance (how to remove)

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Roxerroneous

Currency showing next to balance (how to remove)

Post by Roxerroneous »

Recently the currency (USD in my case) is being shown next to all of my balances and in each of my transactions. I'm not sure what I've done to make this change (the only update I recall is one for the iphone) but I haven't had any luck in changing it back to just the balance. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Currency showing next to balance (how to remove)

Post by Angeman »

This is a "normal" issue when you sync with the new iPhone version. It will be OK again with version 4.
Roxerroneous

Post by Roxerroneous »

Thanks for the heads up Angeman. I'll keep an eye out for the update.
kal

Post by kal »

I'm using iCompta 4.0.1 on the Mac and I'm experiencing a similar issue. I don't have the iPhone version.

I'm using the AUD currency by default and that's working fine, placing a dollar sign ($) before each amount. I have also created a custom currency called 'Points' for some accounts. This displays each amount with the word 'Points' before it. This is okay, but there are some minor issues:
  • Readability is a little difficult since there is no space between the word 'Points' and the number. (e.g. it looks like 'PointsI98', where the 1 looks like an I because of the font.) I've worked around this for now just be putting a space after the word in the Categories & Currencies setup.
  • There is an intermittent bug, where sometimes the word 'Points' actually appears before amounts which use AUD currency, instead of '$'. This happens in the window (sheet) where you edit accounts or budgets. For instance, in the Account setup window, it might display 'Initial balance: Points 0.00', and then immediately to the right of this, the drop down menu shows 'AUD'.
These are pretty minor things really, but I wanted to submit a bug report for that second issue, and couldn't find a way to submit it other than via this forum.

Out of interest, how does the program know to put a '$' before AUD currency? Is there a way to specify a symbol for custom currencies?

BTW, I've only been using iCompta for a couple of days, but so far I'm loving it. I had tested almost 20 Mac accounting programs, and then saw this one on MacUpdate the other day. It's easily better than most of the others I tried, and I couldn't resist at that price!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

The currency code to symbol conversion is made by the system so you can't specify a symbol for your custom currency.