Large database and slow responsiveness

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bikemunkey

Large database and slow responsiveness

Post by bikemunkey »

I admit I have quite a large database of all my current and previous accounts. I suppose one answer to the problem I am about to describe could be averted by splitting off the DB into smaller files (on a yearly basis, for example). But, I'd rather not do this. Anyway, iCompta is certainly no horse but when I am scrolling my transactions it certainly doesn't feel smooth. Tabbing between the different fields on the right (Date, Amount etc.) isn't instant either and takes a fraction longer than one would expect.

It certainly isn't problematic enough for me to switch to another application as I love the rest of what iCompta offers. However, is there any other way (i.e. aside from splitting my DB) that can improve the responsiveness of iCompta? Or is there a plan for future optimisation?

FYI, my database goes back about 5-6 years on accounts that were and are frequently used (i.e lots of transactions).
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Large database and slow responsiveness

Post by Angeman »

Could you send me your file at cyril.anger@lyricapps.com so that I can debug and optimize ? Thanks
bikemunkey

Post by bikemunkey »

Yes, no problem. Although this will have to be a little later on today when I can get back to my personal computer! But thanks. :)
kanataheikou

Post by kanataheikou »

Hi Angeman, I use iCompta 4.0.11 on OSX 10.6.8. The file size is about 4.2MB. Recent days, iCompta becomes slow down when I clicked some accounts. Could you optimise my file or advise to me?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Sure can you send me your file by email ?
kanataheikou

Post by kanataheikou »

Yes, sure! I have sent an e-mail. Thanks!