starting balance

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
acidburn1995

starting balance

Post by acidburn1995 »

I've just bought the new 5 version. I was setting up my accounts, but I have not found where to set the starting balance of my accounts. How do I do that?
avancheri

Re: starting balance

Post by avancheri »

Seems that you have to create a transaction in order to set the initial balance.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes you just need to create an "Initial balance" transaction.
acidburn1995

Post by acidburn1995 »

doesn't it create an anomaly in the statistics? I mean it when I look at it seems like I've gained a lot of money the first day and it'd not true. What I need to do: check the "do not include in the everage balance of the account"?

UPDATE: I've tried to check the "do not include in the everage balance of the account" and it does not allow me to do it? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

acidburn1995 wrote:doesn't it create an anomaly in the statistics? I mean it when I look at it seems like I've gained a lot of money the first day and it'd not true. What I need to do: check the "do not include in the everage balance of the account"?

UPDATE: I've tried to check the "do not include in the everage balance of the account" and it does not allow me to do it? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
You need to create a split first to be able to check that box.
acidburn1995

Post by acidburn1995 »

what is a split? it's now compulsory to have to use budgets? I'm sorry, I don't want to be disrespectful of your job, but iCompta was a favourite because you could use it for basic managing but knowing you had the tools to upgrade your experience if you want/can do it. I've bought the new version and I'm trying to understand it, but after several days I'm more and more frustraded. I think for now I'll go back on version 4, but I'm very sorry to have to do that.