Back Button / Left Panel Persistent Position

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
varval

Back Button / Left Panel Persistent Position

Post by varval »

Hi Angeman,

I have many reports sorted through various nested folders. I frequently move between them, and once inside one of them I also frequently go from the bar/pie view to the breakdown transactions list.

The problem is, that once I'm into the detailed transactions list view, if I want to go back to the host report bar/pie view, I then need to hover to the left reports list panel, which unfortunately resets its position to the top edge every time you go from bar/pie view to transaction list view; so I very often have to scroll down the left panel to search and find again the bar/pie report I want to go back to.

It's not the end of the world, but I find it a repetitive action (moving to the left panel to scroll down and search), which could be easier/quicker.

So these are my two feature requests:

1.- Can you add a "back" button, to go back from the detailed transaction list view, to the report bar/pie view?

2.- Can you please add the option, for the left panel to stay persistently in the last position, until the next app restart?

Thanks,

Javier
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Back Button / Left Panel Persistent Position

Post by Angeman »

You probably don't know but you can just hit the space key when a slice of the pie (or a line of the report) is selected to show the corresponding transactions without leaving the pie chart.
varval

Post by varval »

Ok, I’ve had a look at that shortcut, which is useful for a quick check, but it only is a preview, correct?

If you’re editing your transactions while browsing between reports, you need the full featured transaction view, so I think my feature request still has a valid purpose.

Hope you can consider including it in iCompta 7.

Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes that can totally fit in iCompta 7.