2 suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

2 suggestions

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi there,
let me propose you something you might want to consider in a future version

1) preview the new total when importing new transactions.
Sometimes when I import lot of transactions some gets imported again or skipped because either I changed something in my transaction list or whatever reason. Usually to check If everything is fine I read my bank account total and confront it with the new total shown in iCompta.
If there is any difference it's obvious there are 1 or more transactions loaded again or being skipped and there starts the hunting.

Would it be possible to preview the new total in iCompta before the last step in the import screen?

2) a better preset management.
It happens for some reason that sometimes (I always use CSV) my preset gets screwed and I need to restart from scratch and set everything.
To be honest it happened more in the past, it's been a while now but still I'd love a save and load function, so when it's all set up I can just simply load it when/if it gets lost.

Thanks,
Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: 2 suggestions

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for your feedback, I'll consider it for future versions.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi,
my bank just transitioned to a new layout/system and things are quite shaky at the moment. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!
They still have the old site online just in case. The problem is that the CSV file they export is different between the old and new site and this drives me crazy with the configurations!

Is there a way to manually save the config so I don't have to change it back and forth? a file saved somewhere inside the filesystem or inside the app packet?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

No fuss!
Just remember to create a new config and yeah you've got to fill it from scratch the first time but then I can have a new_site / old_site config.
People from my bank seems to love to fiddle with the cdv structure so from time to time it changes the starting line, the column separator and so on :oops:

Would be cool if one could edit/duplicate/manage configs tho.

Cheers.