Sync error No.cdb file was found

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
morojin

Sync error No.cdb file was found

Post by morojin »

Hi,there

When I try to pull data via Dropbox sync on iPhone, the following error shows up. "No.cdb file was found in the archive." I've just upgraded to iCompta 6 and I can find iCompta.comptadb file in my dropbox. Applications > icompta >iCompta 6 >iCompta.comptadb. Could you tell me how I can sync the file with iCompta 6 on my phone?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Sync error No.cdb file was found

Post by Angeman »

It's explained in the paragraph "Step by step to activate Dropbox or iCloud synchronization" : http://www.icompta-app.com/help.php?sys ... ronization
morojin

Post by morojin »

Thank you for your reply. I've followed the instruction and installed existed document from my mac to iPhone via iTunes file sharing. Now icompta in iPhone has a file, however it is not updated when i have saved the file in other devices. The file in iCompta in iPhone remains the same, not synchronized. I tried both using iCloud and Dropbox sync. iCould sync says "No documents found" and Dropbox shows a file that i saved a couple of days ago
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Are you using the same iCloud or Dropbox account on your Mac and your iPhone ?

Then can you how me a screenshot of "Synchronization" screen of iCompta on the Mac ? And another screenshot of "Synchronization" screen of iCompta on the iPhone ? Thanks
morojin

Post by morojin »

I've attached screenshots of both iCompta on Mac and iPhone. I have only one iCould account, it should be the same account.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.38.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.38.45 PM.png (360.67 KiB) Viewed 11156 times
IMG_0616.PNG
IMG_0616.PNG (93 KiB) Viewed 11156 times
IMG_0615.PNG
IMG_0615.PNG (135.21 KiB) Viewed 11156 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok so Dropbox sync is not working because you are not logged in Dropbox on iCompta Mac and the checkbox on the right is not checked. On the iPhone you are logged in but the switch next to Dropbox is off.

That's for Dropbox, for iCloud I think the system is stuck somewhere so I would suggest to reboot your iPhone and if it still doesn't work, deactivate then reactivate iCloud in Settings app.
morojin

Post by morojin »

For dorpbox sync, I was aware of the checkbox, but I can't check it even if I click on the checkbox, It doesn't respond for some reason. I'm using iCompta 5 on my mac btw. if it has something to do with it.

For iCould sycn, iCompta on my iPhone asks if I want to create new document from iClould "iCompta.cdb", but when I open it it's not the latest file. When I look at the modified date of the file "iCompta.comptadb" in iCould, it's updated. However, iCompta on iPhone doesn't recognized it. I reboost my iphone and reactivate icould as you instructed, it still doesn't sync.

Does this something to do with the directory where the file is stored ?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

morojin wrote: 23 June 2017, 16:06 I'm using iCompta 5 on my mac btw.
You should have start with that ;-) iCompta 6 can't synchronise with iCompta 5, you either need iCompta 6 on both devices, or iCompta 5 on Mac and 3 on iPhone.
morojin

Post by morojin »

Sorry, I should have mentioned it from the beginning. I'm satisfied with iCompta 5 and I thought I don't need to upgrade to 6 with extra cost. But I wanted to keep track of my financial record with my phone, so I bought iCompta 6 for iPhone. Is any discount available for upgrade from 5 to 6? It seems a little waste if I have to purchase iCompta 6 for Mac while all I wanted to do is to sync it with iPhone.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can ask for a refund to Apple telling them that you made a mistake when purchasing and then then buy iCompta 3 on iOS. Apple doesn't give developers a way to offer a discounted price for users of a previous version.