V6 font rendering

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

V6 font rendering

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi and grats for the new version that I just gifted to myself :)

I have a small problem with the font rendering of transactions... it seems something has changed and now it's much much harder for me to read the text.
I attach a screenshot of V5 and V6 together for comparison.
The spacing seems to be different like it is squashed/compressed in V6... text size seems the same to me.

Am I missing something or was it intended? Because it's kind of unreadable to me...

Thanks,
Ivan
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 09.45.13.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 09.45.13.png (147.5 KiB) Viewed 8098 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: V6 font rendering

Post by Angeman »

No it's not intended, the system does it by itself but I'll see if I can find a way to deactivate this behaviour.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

In the hope you'll implement a solution, I'd like to add something.
The wrong rendering appears only on those lines that are longer than the space containing them. In fact if you enlarge the space organising the column width, magically text spacing gets fixed.

I have to ask: are we sure it's not just a text property of the field containing the text? Any chance?

Ivan
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Torakikiii wrote:I have to ask: are we sure it's not just a text property of the field containing the text? Any chance?
The text is drawn directly so it's not inside a text field, we're sure of that ;-) Unfortunately there is no solution yet.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

But there might be a workaround if you're willing to :D
Would you consider adding an option to trim the text (name column) in the main window to the same length of the column width while leaving the full text in the field of the right panel? Or/also show it on a mouse over on the transaction?

That would fix it all, at least for the moment. My eyes would be glad! :shock: :D
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I'm in contact with Apple to see if there's a workaround otherwise I'll add an hidden option to clip instead of trimming.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I'm still waiting for an answer from Apple but in the mean time I added an hidden workaround in version 6.0.3 which has just been released. You can activate it by typing this command in Terminal application :

Code: Select all

defaults write com.lyricapps.iCompta6 LAStringDrawingClipInsteadOfTruncate -bool yes
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

oh yes! Thank you very much! It is like going from a CRT to an Oled display :)

Cheers!