Wrong total on import V5 file

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Torakikiii

Wrong total on import V5 file

Post by Torakikiii »

Hi there,
when I open my V5 file there must be something not transferring correctly... my totals are off of some thousand euros (I wish it was! :D )

I attach a screen... I just opened my V5 file on V5 (right) and same V5 file in V6 (left), nothing else touched. This is the whole total (around 8 years of transactions)

Any idea?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 10.03.01.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 10.03.01.png (16.75 KiB) Viewed 9373 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Wrong total on import V5 file

Post by Angeman »

Have you converted your V5 file on the Mac and a V3 on a iPhone or an iPad for example ?
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Sorry but I'm not sure I understood what you are asking.
I (mostly) use icompta on my Mac. This morning I bought the app, opened the file (from v5) and then there I stopped since the difference. On the iPhone I have the old icompta (V5? well the one in the store until v6 came out), I still haven't upgraded.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

I did a test and scrolled way back to the very first operation. There lies the first (and only for the moment) difference I found. The initial balance is way off and on V6 it is also splitter into 3 for some reason.

Edit: I'm giving up... I've found plenty of transactions that for some reasons get imported and splitted into 3 splits. In some cases the amount of the transaction is even different. (Like in the screenshot).

Help! :shock:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 14.47.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 14.47.00.png (339.06 KiB) Viewed 9359 times
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Solved.

I exported a V4 from V5 and opened into V6. Totals are correct now. Minor annoyance. Every transaction that was splitted now appears with a yellow triangle (warning) on it. It gets away checking °make the sum° checkbox.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

Oh well... :ugeek:
have a look at this transaction.
In the screen °checked° (second one as I see it here in preview, values 20/50/40) °make the sum° checkbox is... checked. Correct split and data.
In the screen °unchecked° (first one as I see it here in preview) is what happens when I uncheck °make the sum°. Values and percentages change and stays like that even if I recheck the checkbox.

Any info about this?

Thanks.
Attachments
unchecked.png
unchecked.png (57.8 KiB) Viewed 9355 times
checked.png
checked.png (62.11 KiB) Viewed 9355 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This is normal when you uncheck the box the amounts of each split is lot and the ratio is saved instead. When you check it again, the ratio is lost and the amounts are back but they are calculated from transaction amount * ratio and the problem is that ratio was truncated in the first place so the amounts differ at the end. Sorry if my explanations are not clear, I tried my best but I'm not sure it's easy understandable ;-)
Anyway you shouldn't change that box very often and in almost every case you should let it checked.
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

hey :) yeah I got what you meant. Still, when A=B, B should be equal to A so the process of clicking and unclicking shouldn't change the value of the transaction.... maybe the rounding should only be for coping with the screen space (like to the second number after comma) but fully calculated internally?

That said the feat of previewing the transaction on a category in the budget screen, for me is worth alone the upgrade! Finally and well done. :D

I'm going to use V6 along V5 for a while and let's see what comes.

Cheers.
paulrw

Post by paulrw »

I just imported V5 to V6 and got wrong totals on all accounts in one of my two files. I noticed that at first, it showed the correct totals, but a few seconds later, as iCompta 6 asked me to choose a name to save the new file, the totals all changed to be incorrect.

I'm not sure what it was doing—I did a quick look and found that a few transactions were changed.

But in any case, I just hit command-Z and the totals went back to the correct amounts.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

paulrw wrote:I just imported V5 to V6 and got wrong totals on all accounts in one of my two files. I noticed that at first, it showed the correct totals, but a few seconds later, as iCompta 6 asked me to choose a name to save the new file, the totals all changed to be incorrect.
A bug can occur when you convert your V5/V3 file several times (one time on your Mac and one time on your iPhone for example). Some splits are created during the convert process and then when you save, these splits are sent on iCloud and synchronized with the other device. So at the end you have these splits in double. The convert bug will be fixed in 6.0.1 but anyway if you have that you need to clear iCloud synchronization data in System Preferences > iCloud > Manager > iCompta 6 > Delete everything, then import V5 file again just once on a single device and synchronize it to the other devices using iCloud (or Dropbox of course).