Sync issues

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
ptr.chovan

Sync issues

Post by ptr.chovan »

Hi
I just noticed few weird sync issues between mac and iPhone. The categories in upcoming transaction were different to scheduler settings. I don't know how it happens but I'm sure I haven't mess with upcoming transaction. I have fixed that manually one by one already. Another thing is that if you use TimeMachine on mac then it doesn't sync transactions and iCompta crash. Please take a look at it. Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Sync issues

Post by Angeman »

ptr.chovan wrote:I just noticed few weird sync issues between mac and iPhone. The categories in upcoming transaction were different to scheduler settings. I don't know how it happens but I'm sure I haven't mess with upcoming transaction. I have fixed that manually one by one already.
Have you applied rules to all transactions ? If so maybe a rule did that.
ptr.chovan wrote:Another thing is that if you use TimeMachine on mac then it doesn't sync transactions and iCompta crash.
You use TimeMachine directly inside iCompta so you see your current document and previous versions of the document side by side I am right ?
What do you mean exactly by "it doesn't sync transactions" ?
Can you send me the crash report please ?
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I had to make full restore to a point with time machine only one day before. When I opened iCompta the transactions which I reconciled after that point wasn't there or stayed in created mode after sync. When I fixed them manually and pressed "save" then the iCompta crashed. Sorry but I haven't saved the crashed report but I have send it to apple. I don't know if the crashed reports stay somewhere on my disc. If so tell me where to find them I'll send it to you.

I have applied rules to all transactions. I have created scheduler on my mac and adjusted them on my iPhone. The category where messed up on some of upcoming transactions which where displayed by "Show planed transaction until" but I haven't changed or modified any of the upcoming transaction. I have noticed that on value date when the calculation in categories were wrong
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

ptr.chovan wrote:I had to make full restore to a point with time machine only one day before. When I opened iCompta the transactions which I reconciled after that point wasn't there or stayed in created mode after sync. When I fixed them manually and pressed "save" then the iCompta crashed. Sorry but I haven't saved the crashed report but I have send it to apple. I don't know if the crashed reports stay somewhere on my disc. If so tell me where to find them I'll send it to you.
If it happens again here is how to send it to me : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1585
ptr.chovan wrote:I have applied rules to all transactions. I have created scheduler on my mac and adjusted them on my iPhone. The category where messed up on some of upcoming transactions which where displayed by "Show planed transaction until" but I haven't changed or modified any of the upcoming transaction. I have noticed that on value date when the calculation in categories were wrong
Ok then you might want to check your rules as there is probably one that applies on these upcoming transactions.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I definitely will send it to you..

I have no rules set yet. I want to wait until the rules are executable from groups
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

ptr.chovan wrote:
I have applied rules to all transactions.

I meant I have set the scheduler for all upcoming transaction
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I've got two payment at this day. I have reconciled them today on my mac and open my iPhone and I've got one reconciled and one created exactly the same transactions. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or sync doesn't work properly
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

When the synchronization occurs, iCompta compares last modification date of a same transaction on both sides and keeps the changes that occurred last by default. So for example if you changed the status of your transaction on your iPhone but then changed something else on the same transaction on your Mac without making the same status change as well then the status change will be lost when synchronizing. However to avoid that you can disable automatic synchronization in the background then when you synchronize iCompta will displays at list of changes the you can modify on a property basis.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

Thanks. That makes sense. Do you think it is better to disable automatic synchronisation on both sides then to avoid this issue on both devices?
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

I've just tried that but like you said I have to sync it manually now which I don't really want. I thought that refresh in background would change only background refresh (when app is not active) and not when the app is open..