Rules

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
ptr.chovan

Rules

Post by ptr.chovan »

Hi
I'm just taking a look and playing with the rules. I have noticed that all rules are interfering each other unless you restrict them with some condition. I really like it but it seems to me a bit complicated just to create a favourite transaction. I assume we can do more advanced action this way but before I start to set them, is there any planed changes with the "rules feature" in next update? Any possibility to pick a group of rules (now or in next update) for execution and not all of them? Is there anything else (now or in next update) what we can do with the rules? Are you planing to add more condition in next update (for example location)

BTW I have spot an bug or imperfection while setting rules on iPhone. If you forget to click on "Done" button while setting action "Set payee" and tap on the next field then the iCompta crash. It might be also with the other action
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Rules

Post by Angeman »

ptr.chovan wrote:I assume we can do more advanced action this way but before I start to set them, is there any planed changes with the "rules feature" in next update?
Yes there will be some additions.
ptr.chovan wrote:Any possibility to pick a group of rules (now or in next update) for execution and not all of them?
It might be added yes, not 100% sure yet though.
ptr.chovan wrote:Are you planing to add more condition in next update (for example location)
Location condition is unlikely sorry.
ptr.chovan wrote:BTW I have spot an bug or imperfection while setting rules on iPhone. If you forget to click on "Done" button while setting action "Set payee" and tap on the next field then the iCompta crash. It might be also with the other action
Thanks for the info, I'll correct it.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

Thanks. The location however would be really useful feature. We could easily set the rule to set name, category and others based on where we are located. That is a shame
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You don't have to create a rule for that, there are already the previous transactions based on your location that are shown when you're creating a new transaction and you can select one to copy its values.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

Wow so that is great. Do I have to set something for that to works?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You have to go in the settings screen from the bar under the transactions list then at the very bottom check "Activate geolocation when creating transactions'.
ptr.chovan

Post by ptr.chovan »

Got it.. Thanks ;)