Assign currency to Categories and sub-Categories

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
aril

Assign currency to Categories and sub-Categories

Post by aril »

Starting to use iCompta I defined basic categories and sub-categories, when attempting to assign different currencies to each subcategory I could not find my way to do it. Attempting to assign a different currency to a transaction I always ended up in a numeric pad so no currency symbol or 3 characters definition could be introduced. I appreciate any guidance to overcome this obstacle.
Aril
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Assign currency to Categories and sub-Categories

Post by Angeman »

The currency has to set in the account window.
From the main screen, toggle the edit mode on with the top right button and then touch your account.
There you'll be able to change the currency.
JWD

Different Currencies on Credit Card Account

Post by JWD »

When I use my credit card in a different currency zone it would be useful to be able to chose the currency for the transaction and have iCompta calculate the value in the currency in which the credit card account is denominated. So with my UK Pounds credit card I am in France and buy petrol in euro, so I would enter €75 as the value, the UKP conversion would be done "on the fly" but the euro value could be saved in the comments/descriptive field.
I am trying to move off Quicken (2000!) and iCompta is the best application I have seen for finally do that. Very impressed so far.
Qucken implements curencies in a similar way to the above.
I hope I haven't missed something.
JWD
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This will be added in V3.
JWD

v3

Post by JWD »

Wow, that v3 is going to be awesome when it comes by the look of your replies to my queries!
invezgra

Post by invezgra »

yes I really need this feature, ability to set exchange rate for each transaction because I have to transfer money from one currency to another a lot. And because of Euro problem, the volatility in exchange rate is very high right now.