No download button

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
tetsuo29

No download button

Post by tetsuo29 »

I just purchased the app based on its ability to do direct OFX imports. I have used the Factory Settings option to enter my financial institutions OFX settings and I have put in my account number and PIN. There is no download button on the registers screen on my iPad. What am I missing or doing wrong?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: No download button

Post by Angeman »

Can you post a screenshot of the account editing window ? Thanks
tetsuo29

Post by tetsuo29 »

Here's an image with a fake account number in the "Login" field.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You confirm that you also put your account number in the corresponding field ?
Can you post a screenshot of the transactions screen as well ? Thanks
tetsuo29

Post by tetsuo29 »

So, I got it to work. I had not made an entry in the account number field. It just wasn't obvious to me that this would be necessary if the OFX direct download section was filled out. I never even looked outside of that section or even suspected that anything outside of that section would be preventing me from having a download button.

Once I made an entry in the account number field, I got a download button, but all my attempts at downloading ended in errors until I figured out, through trial and error, the exact format that my account number needed to be in. I had to look at the bottom of the details screen from the OFX error message and notice the section at the bottom that listed all of my accounts in the format that my credit union's server wanted them. Even then, it took me several tries to realized that the ":CHK" at the end of my checking account number was required. This was all very time consuming and somewhat frustrating. I would have very much appreciated if iCompta's user guide had a more detailed section on setting up OFX direct downloads. I'm imagining that this might save you time and increase your sales as it seems that there's a few of us who have had difficulty in figuring out the correct settings.

Anyway thanks for your replies, it pointed me in the right direction and I eventually figured it out.