Incorrect split with big number

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
brian

Incorrect split with big number

Post by brian »

When I use split for transaction with bigger than 50,000. It alway return incorrect value.

For example: total amount is 84,000
1. split (50%): 42,000
2. split (40%): 33,600.001 <------------ why is have value .001???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
3. split (10%): 8,400

Note: some time it only display value after select other transaction and re-select this transaction. The same error if I enter the amount instead of percentage.

The version of iCompta which I'm using is 4.0.11

I have this issue for long time and my workaround is enter 3 separate transaction instead of using split. Right now, I really need to use split to match with bank transaction.

Thanks,
Brian
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Incorrect split with big number

Post by Angeman »

I tried on my computer and wasn't able to reproduce this issue so can you send me your file so that I can try ?
brian

Post by brian »

Angeman wrote:I tried on my computer and wasn't able to reproduce this issue so can you send me your file so that I can try ?
I attached file and screenshot here for you to investigate. I guest I use different currencies?
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
SplitError.jpg (114.47 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
MyFinance.zip
Split Error File
(30.83 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
brian

Post by brian »

Hi Angeman,

Do you have any update for this error?

Thanks,
Brian
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This is a rounding issue but you should be able to fix it by entering the amount instead of the percentage.
For example, instead of entering 30% in the percentage field, enter 240000 in the amount field.
brian

Post by brian »

Angeman wrote:This is a rounding issue but you should be able to fix it by entering the amount instead of the percentage.
For example, instead of entering 30% in the percentage field, enter 240000 in the amount field.
I agree that I could modify manually. However, it will happen again when I move to other transactions or save file then reopen file. It disturb me if I have a hundred split transaction and generate incorrect statistic when I report expense to my team monthly.

I seem to me that it will be recalculate base on factor (exchange rate or the percentage of split transaction instead of keep the enter amount).

Could you make quick patch for this? Skip re-calculate enter amount in split transaction. Many thanks.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

brian wrote:I seem to me that it will be recalculate base on factor (exchange rate or the percentage of split transaction instead of keep the enter amount).
Yes that's exactly that. This is complicated to patch in current version, it will have to wait until V5 sorry.