Splitting transactions and attaching files . . .

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
AnnieP

Splitting transactions and attaching files . . .

Post by AnnieP »

I am a relatively new MAC user - am still trying to find apps to replace those I've used on the PC for years. I found iCompta and am quite pleased with it. There are a couple of things I would like it to do. Maybe it does and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Is there any way, when entering a transaction, and splitting it across several categories . . . say the total is $50 and it's a three-way split. When you enter the first category, by default it will show $50. Say I put $10 in that first category. Then when you enter a second category, it just shows 0. Is there any way that it could, by default, show $40? Then I could change the second category to, say, $20, and when I started the third category, it would by default show $20, which is the balance and it would not be necessary to enter the third figure.

Also, I've been attaching files to each transaction. Is there a way that it could always open the same subfolder?

Maybe there is some way to do this - if so, could someone point me in the right direction? If not, if these would be considered enhancements, maybe they could be included in future revisions?

Many thanks.

Annie P.
imm22

Re: Splitting transactions and attaching files . . .

Post by imm22 »

No, that's not possible
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Splitting transactions and attaching files . . .

Post by Angeman »

AnnieP wrote:Then when you enter a second category, it just shows 0. Is there any way that it could, by default, show $40?
This is exactly how it should behave and it works for me. Have you set the first category to $10 before adding the new category ?
AnnieP wrote:Also, I've been attaching files to each transaction. Is there a way that it could always open the same subfolder?
I don't understand the question sorry, could you rephrase ?