Wish list (usage of cash)

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Alvyn

Wish list (usage of cash)

Post by Alvyn »

Dear Authors,

Thanks for making this great software on the Market. Can I have a suggestion of feature here?

When we withdraw money from bank, we usually use the money in various purposes. It would be nice if there is an account called "Total", which records all the cash on hand, plus all the money in the banks.

Cash is volatile. It is possible we give the money to children, lost it on the road, receive fund from others, buy snacks, etc. However, not every expenditure is worth recording, sometimes we withdraw 50 bucks just to pay a 29 bucks meal. My suggestion is that in the GUI interface, give cash account a button (or something like a circle that user can click on). When one click on this button, a response box is bounced up for user to input the variation made to the cash in our pocket.

In this way, if we want to deposit some money from cash to one of the banks, we can drag the circle to the bank (which might be another circle), and another response box will bounce up for us to input the amount to be deposited.

The idea goes on and on. Basically, there should be one GUI mode to be added, in addition to the spreadsheet like interface. The additional GUI mode comprised of many circles (and the size of the circle could mean the relative sum of the account in log scale). We can also compose temporary negative account to this mode, in which budget is the sum of the account.

Hope my description is clear enough to be understood.

Cheers,

Alvyn
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Wish list (usage of cash)

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for the suggestion.