Account balance transaction

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
michelvs

Account balance transaction

Post by michelvs »

Hi, I am very happy with the mobile version on my ipad. (using it in the past on my ipod touch)
As I am using it meanly for to follow-up of my expenses (credit cards) I am not entering all transactions in my current account. so I try 4-5 times a month to reset the balance of that account to the right value so I can see the correct reports info and forecast.
but the reset of my current account balance is done with a generic db/cr transaction (with a given date) and I need to calculate the right amount, each time, for this transaction so my balance is again correct

Could you not add a "balance re-sync transaction" (or in the account setting screens add a data next to the initial balance) that you just give the right balance amount and that from that transaction onwards this is the new account balance and the right future dated transactions are taken into account (i.e. forecast is again correct from)
this would help greatly as I do this quite often
kind regarsd and great work!
Michel
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Account balance transaction

Post by Angeman »

Ok I added it to my todo list.
richwalt

Post by richwalt »

I hate hand entry .... but this is one of the great things about iCompta - well, at least I am fortunate enough that the internal browser can open my web bank account and do a direct download ...

I have been reading about others having duplicate transactions when they do this, but I just make sure to download from the last date's next day - to the current day. I never have a problem.

I understand the request of this thread, to have a way to give the current right balance, if your bank does not have a way to download transactions from the web .... but if it does, then it seems to be defeating the beauty of this software ..

Just my comments ...

Still ... it's a good feature to have.
michelvs

Post by michelvs »

Spot on! Richwalt, but as in Belgium bank account transaction export is not standardized (or even just not available) I am indeed missing the "balance sync via import", and entering ALL my small payments so balanves are up to date, is not my goal with this great peace of software.

cheers
Michel
Polar

Post by Polar »

Hello.

I've just bought iComptaMobile for my iPad and transfered all data from my old PDA with Spb Finance installed on it. What can I say? iComptaMobile is really great program, it's awesome! :D It has almost all functions that I need to keep my finances right.

But I did not find the "update balance transaction" feature. I think it's the same thing that michelvs mentioned in his first post of this topic. I want to explain what I mean though.

I am not able to sync my bank account balance automatically from bank's website. And it's extremely exhausting adding every transaction that I make manually one by one. So every month I just want to make this "update balance transaction" - simply input new balance and program should automatically create a transaction for the amount of difference between old balance and new one that I enter right now. Unfortunately, now I have to use calc to calculate the right amount for this transaction to get the current balance. It's really annoying thing :| I hope you understand what I mean.

Could you please add this feature in future versions.

Thanks!
Polar

Post by Polar »

Hello again.

I'm still waiting for this useful feature.

An opportunity of adjusting account's new balance by adding transaction equal to difference between old and new ballance will be very helpful for users who can't or not able adding every transaction since the last time.

I see it like this:

1. The balance of my credit card account in iCompta is $1050.

2. I made some purchases during the week and had no time to add every single transaction.

3. At the end of the week I check my current credit card balance (e.g. in ATM or internet banking).

4. I just create a new transaction in iCompta and choose "New balance" instead of "Credit" or "Debit". I input new account's balance (e.g. $750) and tap "OK".

5. iCompta calculates the difference between old and new balance (stated by me on previous step) and automatically inserts calculated ammount (e.g. $300) into corresponding transaction's field.

6. Done. New transaction is created in less than 30 seconds. No need using embedded calculator and wasting a lot of time. :D

Dear Angeman just think about adding this function into your program. I believe it will be useful for many users. This is the only feature I miss in iCompta, other functionality is almost perfect!