Localization

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
asgardnz

Localization

Post by asgardnz »

Every time I receive an update, I have to edit the localizable.strings file from American to British English. This involves half a dozen generic changes (eg 'check' to 'cheque'). However, on doing this yesterday for the latest (4.0.9) release I noticed something which I had never before seen.In the writable icon below the transaction 'kind' the default wording is "Check number, ...". This string, however, is not in the file localizable.strings. Where, please, is it? Is it then also modifiable to correct the English?
Sebadee

Re: Localization

Post by Sebadee »

Yes, it would good to be able to edit these variables from within the program. I have tried finding "localizable.strings" with Spotlight to no avail.
Excellent program by the way.
Sebadee

Post by Sebadee »

These are what I find...
Screen shot 2011-02-04 at 12.04.29.png
Screen shot 2011-02-04 at 12.04.29.png (61.4 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

asgardnz wrote:Every time I receive an update, I have to edit the localizable.strings file from American to British English. This involves half a dozen generic changes (eg 'check' to 'cheque'). However, on doing this yesterday for the latest (4.0.9) release I noticed something which I had never before seen.In the writable icon below the transaction 'kind' the default wording is "Check number, ...". This string, however, is not in the file localizable.strings. Where, please, is it? Is it then also modifiable to correct the English?
It's in a user interface file, which is compiled so you can't modify it sorry.
Sebadee wrote:Yes, it would good to be able to edit these variables from within the program. I have tried finding "localizable.strings" with Spotlight to no avail.
Right click on iCompta > Show package contents and then go to Contents/Resources/English.lproj.