Mac App Store?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
jorik

Mac App Store?

Post by jorik »

Are there any plans to put iCompta in the Mac App Store? I like the idea that applications on my Mac are updated and purchased via one distribution system. I am thinking about buying iCompta, but I would prefer to buy it via the App Store.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Mac App Store?

Post by Angeman »

Yes it will be in the Mac App Store in a few days, it's still being validated.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

I have icompta installed, will it be updateable via mac app store?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

No you need to buy it again on the Mac App Store if you want it to be updated with Mac App Store.
AlexSmall

Post by AlexSmall »

Angeman wrote:No you need to buy it again on the Mac App Store if you want it to be updated with Mac App Store.
Why is that? I have another app that i bought before App Store being available and it is updatable... :roll:
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

AlexSmall wrote:Why is that? I have another app that i bought before App Store being available and it is updatable...
It's recognized by the App Store but in fact it's a mistake as reports say it won't be updatable.
And second reason is I had to use a different ID to put iCompta on the App Store as it wouldn't allow me to use the exiting one for an unknown reason.
Paipe

Post by Paipe »

Is there any way you could "fix" this issue?

I like the idea of being up-to-date with all of my apps through mac app store and it would be really cool.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I can't fix it sorry... I would have given you a redeem code to download it for free with pleasure but unfortunately Apple doesn't give developers redeem codes for the Mac App Store only for the standard App Store.
jorik

Post by jorik »

Thanks for putting it in the store, I just bought it!

The fact that developers cannot allow existing customers to use the Mac App Store updates is a known "issue" with the Mac App Store and this is definitely something Lyricapps cannot help us with. Hopefully Apple will allow for such a thing in the near future.