Move a transaction from one account to another

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
JohnNigh

Move a transaction from one account to another

Post by JohnNigh »

The old version made it easy to shift a mistaken entry from one account to another. For example, I often carry on making entries and then realise I should have entered the transaction in a different credit card account. Previously I simply dragged the transaction to the correct account and the shift was complete.
The current update seems to have lost this, because when I tried it the outcome was the dragging highlighted the account I dragged over (in a strange manner that I do not understand, it becomes framed; to get rid of it, I drag the account name into another pane and it goes back to normal) and the transaction seemed to disappear. This happens with either detailed or standard transactions view.
What's happening? And how do I move a transaction to another account? :?: :?:
Cheers,
John
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Move a transaction from one account to another

Post by Angeman »

JohnNigh wrote:The old version made it easy to shift a mistaken entry from one account to another. For example, I often carry on making entries and then realise I should have entered the transaction in a different credit card account. Previously I simply dragged the transaction to the correct account and the shift was complete.
It should definitely work that way, can you make a screenshot of the problem ?
JohnNigh

Post by JohnNigh »

I'll email the screenshot that shows the strange framing of the account to which I tried to move the transaction; 400kb for the jpg or tiff photo is too big for the forum. The transaction that I dragged into that account disappeared. I dragged it from the credit card account two above the one to which I dragged it.
Cheers,
John
Cheers,
John
lukem

Post by lukem »

I just had the same experience, when dragging a transaction from one account to another, it frames the account I dragged too, and the transaction is gone.

Angeman, did you ever get the screenshot and look at this issue?

Luke
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes it seems this bug only happens in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and it might also be related to the CPU, 32 or 64-bit. I think this is a system bug, what configuration do you have ?
perarneflo

Post by perarneflo »

I have the same problem. I use a PowerBook G4 with MacOS X 10.5.8 and iCompta 4.0.5
JohnNigh

Post by JohnNigh »

I've now pensioned off my old iBook G4 in favour of a 2010 model MacMini, the fastest one I could buy, with Snow Leopard of course. The disappearing transaction problem has also disappeared, so it looks like a G4 problem.
Cheers,
John