Credit and debit card usage, and business travelling

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
acarmonaramos

Credit and debit card usage, and business travelling

Post by acarmonaramos »

Hello,

I have been trying the software for some days and yesterday I decided to buy it. However, I do not really understand how payment methods works. In short:

1) How should I deal with multiple credit cards, debit cards... Should I have one account per each credit/debit card? Should I use the credit cards option in the Account' settings? In this case, how does it work? I only use credit card to delay the payment until the next month.

2) I travel very often for business, and I have a business credit card that is not accepted everywhere (Diners) so sometimes I have to use my own VISA... Should I create an account for business transactions? How would I then deal with my own VISA card transactions?

3) Is there a PDF version of the user manual?

Sorry if my questions have been already answered, but haven't found anything in the forum.

Thanks!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Credit and debit card usage, and business travelling

Post by Angeman »

acarmonaramos wrote:1) How should I deal with multiple credit cards, debit cards... Should I have one account per each credit/debit card? Should I use the credit cards option in the Account' settings? In this case, how does it work? I only use credit card to delay the payment until the next month.
In your case you should have one account per card and make a transfer between your main account and your card account at the end of the month.
acarmonaramos wrote:2) I travel very often for business, and I have a business credit card that is not accepted everywhere (Diners) so sometimes I have to use my own VISA... Should I create an account for business transactions? How would I then deal with my own VISA card transactions?
No you should put these transactions in your VISA account but maybe tag them with a business category so that you can find them easily.
acarmonaramos wrote:3) Is there a PDF version of the user manual?
You can make one by printing the web page and then click on "Save as PDF" button.
acarmonaramos

Re: Credit and debit card usage, and business travelling

Post by acarmonaramos »

Ok, thank you.