Transfer to "no specific account"?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
booohg

Transfer to "no specific account"?

Post by booohg »

Dear Lyricapps-team,

First of all thanks for this software! It seems to work in a very neat way!
I must admit I'm not an accountant at all, so maybe I'm asking something stupid...but I didn't get how the transfer is meant to work for the simple case where you want let's say insert some transaction related to shopping. In that case I don't understand what I'm supposed to enter as Credited account. I would somehow "naturally" want to select "none" -> because the money actually goes nowhere where I want to continue to monitor, right? -> but if I do so and click on OK -> there's no error message, nothing, but the transfer is not accepted. Only when I specify something as credited account, I'm able to continue.
Again: maybe I'm just not accountant enough: should I create now another account something like "expenses-paid-to-any-3rd-party" -> whenever I buy something I then select that money goes from my account to the "expenses"? Or is it supposed to be assigned to a person? because somehow that person bought it?

(or is it simply a bug in the german version of the app and in general one would indeed just choose "none" as credited account?)

Anyway: thanks for any help on this!

Mat

BTW: As a suggestion: I think it might be helpful to have some quick tutorial-movie about the basic functionality.
booohg

Re: Transfer to "no specific account"?

Post by booohg »

In case anyone finds this message and has the same "problem":
I discovered my mistake: I was assuming all basic functionality has for sure some icons....
it so happens that the most basic operation -- adding a transaction -- does not have an icon, but just an entry in the menu "Transaction" -> "New Transaction"...
Now, it all makes sense to me. Sorry about the confusion.
The software seems really to be great! I'll try now for one month entering&tracking my transactions to test it for real :-)

Mat
lukem

Re: Transfer to "no specific account"?

Post by lukem »

Try the + sign at the top right of the column where you enter transaction data.

It is the icon you are looking for