fix

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
gualtie

fix

Post by gualtie »

two little "bugs", never corrected:
  • when you add a new category in a trasaction, the cursor remain in the previous input field; it would be better if it goes in the new entry, instead
  • when you perform a calculation in an input field, you have to manually delete the currency symbol: it's a little waste of time
Regards
Gualtiero
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: fix

Post by Angeman »

gualtie wrote:when you perform a calculation in an input field, you have to manually delete the currency symbol: it's a little waste of time
I don't have this problem, do you have an example that doesn't work ?
gualtie

Post by gualtie »

If you double click (only one double click) on the amount, the digits will be selected (i.e the red part of the amount in the field "€ 0,00" of a new task; the currency symbol won't be selected, only digits).
Then type a sum (it will replace selected digits "0,00"= for example: 5,45+2,47-3,25...)
Last type enter: only the first amount will be entered in the field. In the above example, the field will contain € 5,45 with the red selected.

Well, there's a trick: if you double click twice at the beginning, also currency char will be selected. So if you start to type the calculation this new string will replace all the chars in the field and the calculation works fine. But you have to double click twice and this is a bit annoying.

Regards
Gualtiero
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's strange as it works fine on my computer : if I type "€ 5,45+2,47-3,25" I get 4,67 €.
gualtie

Post by gualtie »

I've copy the whole string from your post into the field ("€ 5,45+2,47-3,25") and it works! Iget the correct result € 4,67, as you get.

I catch the error if I don't type a space between the currency and the first digit (for example try exactly this string (without any space after currency): "€5,45+2,47-3,25". What happens?

Furthermore I catch the error if I don't erase the space in the initial empty field between the currency and the first 0 digit. This is exactly the sequence I wrote you in my second post:
If you double click (only one double click) on the amount, the digits will be selected (i.e the red part of the amount in the field "€ 0,00" of a new task; the currency symbol won't be selected, only digits)
Note that the space between the currency and the first digit (in the quoted text) isn't selected after the double click.

Regards
Gualtiero
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

gualtie wrote:I catch the error if I don't type a space between the currency and the first digit (for example try exactly this string (without any space after currency): "€5,45+2,47-3,25". What happens?
It works fine as well... I guess it must be related to the regional settings in System Preferences.
gualtie

Post by gualtie »

ok, with 4.0.6 calculations seem to work fine. :)