Link Transfer for existing transactions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bomsom

Link Transfer for existing transactions

Post by bomsom »

I´m using the trial of V4. I imported a bank statement for my checking account and credit card and the payment of CC is made directly from the checking account. Both values show there, a debit in the Checking account and the same value as a Credit in the Credit Card account. I want to know: Is there a way to link existing transactions (imported OFX) from different accounts into a Transfer??
Or I just can make it with a new transfer with the "Make a Transfer" Command??
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Link Transfer for existing transactions

Post by Angeman »

Yes you can select the two transactions, make a right click and choose "Convert as transfer".
bomsom

Post by bomsom »

Tricky.
I have to select both accounts first with the Command key, then all transactions from both accounts appear in the list at the same time. Then I select the two transactions and do as you say. Not very intuitive but it works, thanks.
A suggestion: You should consider a more automatic way to do this, like making a link with other account when you select "transfer" in the Kind column for example.

Anyway, I'm still evaluating iCompta 4. I started with last version (3.3.6) but It lacked basic functions I needed. I ended up buying Moneydance because I couldn't wait anymore, that was 2 month ago. I don't like Moneydance interface, it's java not Mac but it's solid and easy to use.
I really like iCompta interface and I'll try it for a few more days until I decide if I stick with it or not. Oh and I'll have to pay again for another software!!

Keep up your good work, there's always room for improvement.
jbrains

Post by jbrains »

Angeman wrote:Yes you can select the two transactions, make a right click and choose "Convert as transfer".
While this works, I have noticed that I cannot select transactions on different days and convert them to a transfer. I find this inconvenient, as I then have to change the date of one of the two transactions, then change that transaction's reconciled date, before selecting them both, then converting them to transfer.

I would expect this "convert" feature to backdate the later transaction to match the date of the earlier transaction, if having them on the same date matters that much.

I have been quite happy with iCompta so far, but I have so many transfers that this inconvenience makes a big difference in my iCompta experience.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok I will change that in a future update.
jbrains

Post by jbrains »

Angeman wrote:Ok I will change that in a future update.
Merci bien de votre attention, et merci encore d'avoir développé ce logiciel.
bomsom

Post by bomsom »

Angeman wrote:Yes you can select the two transactions, make a right click and choose "Convert as transfer".
Is it still working like this or has it been improved? I mean, is there an easier way to link transactions like it was suggested before or like other finance softwares where you can select the transfer account directly into the categories list and it automatically link the transactions, very easy. Better yet, it remembers the link, so next time you import QIFs os OCXs into different accounts it suggests the transfer again, very handy.

I really like iCompta interface specially now that you added a portuguese localization (thanks) and me and my wife would both be able to use it since she doesn't understand English or French very well. I want to use iCompta as "the" financial software but without this is such a pain. I have lots of transfers all the time and do them manually is very time consuming.