Can't get bank transactions to download

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
Singlis23

Can't get bank transactions to download

Post by Singlis23 »

Working off iPad and just getting started. Keep getting error messages. Tried :CHK solution but no luck.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Can't get bank transactions to download

Post by Angeman »

Have you set your bank's routing number in the "Bank ID" field in the account editing screen ? Make sure the checkmark in this field is on as well.
Singlis23

Post by Singlis23 »

I put the routing number in bank ID and that got me a little further but again received an error message which iCompta indicated my login info was incorrect. I confirmed with Well Fargo that online login and direct connect OFX logins are the same (this used to not be the case). Has anyone been able to use icompta with Wells Fargo??
Bodhi.crane

Post by Bodhi.crane »

NO!! It still does not work.. I entered my routing number, reset up the entire account and called Wells to confirm account and routing number. I still get the error. I made sure the check mark was enabled.

Any help here?

can we at least confirm that the bank information is correct?

File format ISO Latin 1
App ID QWIN
Version 1500
Institution ID 3001

The error occurs at "<Severity>Error"

Please help I would love to use this app I have had it for 6 months and Still havent been able to make this work.. Entering the transacations manually is just not a usable product..
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Can you copy/paste the whole details log ? Just make sure to remove your login and password.
Bodhi.crane

Post by Bodhi.crane »

Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Error 15500 means invalid login information.

I found this information on the web :
Wells Fargo service signup is through the web, visit their website in order to sign up. The cost (at an unknown or varying frequency) for online services is unknown, please contact them to find out.

Enrollment for web services does not automatically enroll you for OFX services.
A different password is used to access OFX services than the one used to access services via their website, so you’ll need to get a separate password from Wells Fargo.
You must enable (and pay for) OFX access to your account. Instructions here. If you have a PMA relationship contact your Wells banker, they may waive the OFX access fees.
Can you check ?
Bodhi.crane

Post by Bodhi.crane »

Thank you for your help, however your information is incorrect...
"Because Microsoft is retiring Microsoft Money, the Microsoft download options from the Download Your Account Activity screen within Online Banking (Active Statement) will be discontinued as of November 1, 2010. All other banking features and functionality available through the software (Direct OFX) will be disabled after January 31, 2011. If you want to continue Online Banking and Bill Pay through your software, consider using ....."
Quote from Wells Fargo.
After speaking with Wells Fargo Online department then getting transfered to the Software Department.. They said that the only software they support is the Intuit line of products. :(
They also said that they use a QFX format for download to those products and that the USERNAME and PASSWORD are the same for getting it into QB or logging in online..
Also have you actually followed the link you provided with instructions and looked at them?
They dont say anything about siging up for OFX access..

Any other suggestions because i am able to get my desktop version of Quicken to work as well as log in online..
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Try setting App ID to QWIN and App version to 1800. If it doesn't work try QWIN and 2100.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I kept on searching the web and found that their OFX Direct Connect address had changed so I updated it and now it should work if you load the new factory settings for Wells fargo in the account editing screen.