Dropbox Sync Problem

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
John

Dropbox Sync Problem

Post by John »

I cannot seem to use the sync action "Replace" from my iphone 4. I have a dropbox account and the mac version of icompta using the dropbox file. I can use the sync action "Send" with no problem - it overwrites the dropbox file with the changes from my iphone like it should, but when I select "Replace" or set up my preferences to automatic sync on launch it always attempts to sync, then says "Synchronization cancelled". I also get an error from the "Synchronize" action, but I see from other posts that action is not supported - but why is it an option at all if it is not supported? I even tried to open the file directly from the dropbox account and it says that I don't have any apps that support that file type (.compta extension).

Am I doing something wrong, or how can I get the file from my dropbox into my iphone icompta app?
bts1225

Re: Dropbox Sync Problem

Post by bts1225 »

I have the exact same problem, I've emailed customer support and so far no fix. I also don't understand why the send works perfectly but not replace.
John

Post by John »

Thanks, at least I know that other have the same problem and I'm not doing something wrong. Hopefully it gets fixed.
bts1225

Post by bts1225 »

Ok I finally figured it out, the file in dropbox has to be in a folder within dropbox for it work. Mine before was just a file called Checking.compta within dropbox and would only send not replace. So here is how to make it work, create a folder in dropbox whatever you like, I created one and called it icompta, then open icompta on your desktop and do a save as into that folder. Now open up the iphone app go to the synchronization section and type in the path to that within dropbox. Mine looks like /icompta/Checking.compta Now select replace hit the blue arrow and it will sync.
Last edited by bts1225 on 13 February 2011, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
bts1225

Post by bts1225 »

Another option I found that worked is if you put a forward slash / in front of your .compta file it will also sync even without in a folder in dropbox. Example straight in dropbox file name is /Checking.compta and this also synced. So the forward slash seems to have something to do with it.
John

Post by John »

Your right, I just added the forward slash and it now works! Thanks for the help :D