iOS 4.0

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
fredotto

iOS 4.0

Post by fredotto »

Hi, after the iOS 4.0 upgrade I cannot use iCompta Mobile. I launch the application but, after some seconds, it close without any warning.
Is there any problem of compatibility?
Thanks in advance
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iOS 4.0

Post by Angeman »

None that I am aware of, could you send me the crash reports ?
parrishs

Post by parrishs »

I've been using iCompta mobile with iOS4 for two weeks now (I was lucky enough to get a pre-release install) and it works fine. I haven't had any crashes.

I have noticed a couple of minor issues:

1) date entries are text not a scroll wheel
2) I cannot edit the duration of a budget & this is also text

I'm sure there may be others but I haven't noticed any.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I will submit the iOS 4 / iPad update tomorrow and it will fix the keyboard issues.
ed2205@me.com

Post by ed2205@me.com »

And money amount entries are text and do not automatically bring up the numeric pad as before. Thanks,
lukem

Post by lukem »

Angeman,

Did you get the update submitted? Have you had any feedback from Apple on its release, or when you expect it to be available?

Luke
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

The update is waiting for review from Apple so wait & see.
hleumas

Post by hleumas »

I don't know if this has been reported, but I've started experiencing an issue related to iOS 4 on my 2nd generation iPod Touch. If I have iCompta open but let it sit until my iPod goes to sleep, when I come back to it later iCompta is closed and I'm back to my home screen. Because of the crash, auto save doesn't work and my work is lost.

Is is possible (in a future release) that you could set up some sort of timed interval for auto saving in iCompta Mobile, similar to what you have in the desktop version?
lukem

Post by lukem »

I am not sure if everyone will get the same result, but I have been checking for app updates on my iPhone for days, including tonight, waiting to get the new iCompta update, but it showed no updates available. Tonight I checked in iTunes and it found the update.

I had not updated to iOS4, so I think my iPhone didn't list the update as available since I was still running 3.1.3.

Just a heads up for eveyone :)
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

lukem wrote:I had not updated to iOS4, so I think my iPhone didn't list the update as available since I was still running 3.1.3.
iCompta 2.1 needs iOS 4 so don't update if you are still running 3.1.3 otherwise it won't launch.