Some feature suggestions

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
DrGosha

Some feature suggestions

Post by DrGosha »

Great app! (Just think of: it was the first app with a cost over 1,59 EUR I bought, after I read about the "share payment" function...).

So, my suggestions:

No 1: Share-Equally-Button

If you share a payment with others and enter them, the first one gets the whole amount (by default). If you change the amount, the second one gets the rest (generally very usefull!). But if you pay for multiple people, you usually share it equally (taking yourself into account). Means I miss a Botton like "Share equally" (maybe with a post-selection like "including current person" / "excluding current person").

An Example: You enter into the person-account representing yourself; Enter a new payment of 30 EUR; Then you add the first owner (gets 100 %), the second owner (gets 0 %), third (0 %), fourth and fifth; Then you press the new button "Share equally"->"including current person" and the amount of every owner changes to "16,67 % / 5 EUR"; Or you press "Share equally"->"excluding current person" and the amount of every owner changes to "20,00 % / 6 EUR".

No 2: Calculator

It would be great to have a simple calculator while entering an amount of money.

No 3: Link to full-detail-edit-page in payment-participation-list

Often you have to proove someone (let's say person P), that he owes you sth. Currently you have the possibility to enter P's account and to press the button with the three people, showing all payments P participated in. But if you press one of this participations, it just shows the percentage of participation - no details, no comments, no date and the major problem: no hint of the source of this participation, means: where to find the whole payment... The only way to get all this details is very very very complicated: you have to go through all your person- and not-person-accounts and check all payments to find the one with the same title and to check if this one contains P as owner.

My suggestion: If you press the "three people"-button and then one of the participations, you should directly get to the edit-page of the payment P participated in (as if you tap a normal payment inside an account to change details - maybe with an additional "back" button to get back to the participations of P after checking (or modifieing) the details of the current payment).

No 4: GPS-Location, photos, sound-memos...

Since an iphone got GPS, sound recorder, camera and camcorder, why not to use it?

a) It would be awesome if iCompta would save the current place, where you add a new payment (usually you enter it directly after making the payment in real). (With the option to show the place in the iPhone-built-in-map-App afterwards)

b) Additionally to have the option to attach a photo (or even video) to every payment (a snapshot of a bill; some fun with money in the hands of someone; an object you paid for; a signed sentence like "Me, Person P, obligate to pay back 50 EUR to XYZ until XX.XX.XXXX", written on paper...)

c) And to have the option to add a sound-memo to every payment (If you want to add some details quickly and don't have the time to type it in; or if the person you pay something for wants to swear to give it back...)

No 5: cooperation with iOutBank Pro

To do real online banking, iOutBank Pro is the best choice (in my opinion). It even got the option to create offline accounts for daily payments but it's AGES away from iCompta! Of course you would be the best in app-store if you could build in real online-banking like iOutBank Pro but I think it would take years and don't know if you want to invest so much effort into it. So, since you finally are able to send backups of iOutBank Pro via Email, it would be enormously useful to be able to import the attechments of this Emails into iCompta. Maybe by default into a separate "import" category inside iCompty, to highlight the currently imported payments for editing in iCompta. In order to avoid duplicates it would be great to have filters and checkbox-selections of payments during the import-process...

Today I have to look up my bank-account-payments one by one in iOutBank, swich to iCompta everytime and enter them there one by one manually (in order to add comments, put into categories, indicate who participated in the payments and who owes me which parts of which payments etc.). This is a lot of work and I would even pay some Euros more if there would be any possibility to do this transfer faster.

No 6: Link transfers

If you do a transfer from one account to an other (very useful!), you got two separate, unlinked entries. Changes on one sied don't have any effect on the other side. But if you change it on one side, you definitely want the changes on the other side, too.

No 7: due-date list

My (big!) experience with money-disposition to other people shows that it enormously shortens the time of waiting for repayment if you set a due-date to the people (means they promise to pay it back until XX.XX.XXXX). It would be great to have the option to add this due-date to every participation (to every owner) of a payment (entering a due-date to the first owner could copy it to every further owner with the option to cahnge it, just like the percentage of participation). To keep an overview of this kind of dispositions it would be great to have a simple due-date-list, sorted by due-date, with links to the full-detail-edit-page of the corresponding payments.

No 8: Reminder Emails (similar to BankOfMe)

iCompta is already able to import some information from the built-in address book (Name, photo). It would be great to add the import of the corresponding email-addresses (and to keep a link to this entry in order to get changes or adds of email-addresses in the built-in address-book). (the app BankOfMe does all this very well). If this is possible, it would be great to have a "send Reminder-Email" button in every person-account which would send a pure text email to the saved email-address, containing all payments and participations of this person (including all details of the corresponding payments) and an overall sum like "Overall: You owe me 32,50 EUR" or "Overall: I owe you 12,30 EUR" at the end (and maybe in the subject) of the email.

Hope you like the suggestions ;)

Best regards.

Gosha
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Some feature suggestions

Post by Angeman »

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, they all deserve to be implemented in a future version except the 6th which is already included in newly released version 2.